cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 4

BT6000 handset receiving calls that are not actually being made by that person

I was doing breakfast around 6am and the house phone rings and the caller id said it was me calling from my mobile!!!  My mom said it has happened a few times with other family members and friends. 

Has anyone ever had this before, any tips, is it time for a new phone??

Thanks 

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Re: BT6000 handset receiving calls that are not actually being made by that person

@AliH873 that's a strange problem, did you pick up the phone to see if it was someone else calling?

Neil

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 4

Re: BT6000 handset receiving calls that are not actually being made by that person

Yes when I answered and the line  was silent and went dead after a few seconds,  there was definitely no outgoing call showing on my mobile 

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 4

The incoming call is likely phishing & the number has simply been spoofed to make you more likely to answer it or bypass blocking. Phishing calls are autodialled & passed to a human when answered. If the call centre is busy there won't be anyone to hand the call off to, & so it just remains silent until dropped.  It's highly unlikely to be anything to do with your phone or line.

0 Ratings