cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 13

Renewing Contract - Have to replace BT sim with EE sim. How do I not lose contacts, messages etc ?

Good afternoon all,

I've just come off the phone after renewing my contract with BT and they told me I'd be getting new EE sims for all our family phones. I excitedly told the children that they'll be getting 20GB instead of 4GB when my daughter instantantly asked - Do I lose all my contacts and messages, then?

Does she?

How do I stop that from happening , please?

TomB

0 Ratings
12 REPLIES 12
Message 2 of 13

Re: Renewing Contract - Have to replace BT sim with EE sim. How do I not lose contacts, messages etc

If your just swapping sims then all data on device will remain - all you do is take out old sim & insert new - (and assuming new sim activated ) - all will be as before - so you should be fine…..

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 13

Re: Renewing Contract - Have to replace BT sim with EE sim. How do I not lose contacts, messages etc

If any contacts are stored on the SIM alone then you will need to copy them to an Android or Apple account (depending upon which you have) before removing the BT sim

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 13

Yes, you normally get a choice as to where to store contacts - on the SIM or on the phone.
Each has its merits - if you want to replace a SIM then storage on the phone is best, but if you want to replace your phone with a new one then storage on the SIM is better
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 13

Thank you!

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 13

Thank you!

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 13

Yes, exactly this. BT are changing me over to EE. Changing everyone I think, as their contracts renew.

Thank you!

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 13

Depending on what BT sims you had for your children, you didn't have to swap from BT Mobile to EE Mobile.

BT Family Sim is still available for existing customers, it is only new customers who can't get it.

See here - BT Family Sim

We have had kids on BT Family Sims for quite a while and they just roll over every month now after the original contract ended for them.

We have EE Mobile for contracted phones as well, however that was only as we wanted newer Samsung phones.

We have EE Mobile for contract phone and sim only, whilst kids stay on BT Family Sims, so we still get double data etc anyway on all BT and EE sims.

If we eventually get the 1.6gb broadband package from EE, then we will move kids over to EE Mobile and sim only too, as then they'll get unlimited data through us having broadband and mobile through EE.

I do not subscribe, so please do not always expect a reply.
0 Ratings
Message 9 of 13

Also, with regards to data etc, others here have helped you with that.

I will just add another point too.

You would be best doing a complete backup of your phone before you swap the sims over.

Might not be needed, however it is there as a back up if anything goes wrong and you lose something.

I do not subscribe, so please do not always expect a reply.
0 Ratings
Message 10 of 13

Thank you!

0 Ratings