cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 17

BT sim only deals

Hello all. BT sent me a letter offering me a new BT Mobile 5g sim only deal as my current one ends shortly but when I called BT they told me they don’t sell BT sims anymore and I have to switch to EE. Even though the letter clearly offered me a BT sim deal it seems I can’t sign up to it, even looking online it doesn’t exist. What’s the point of writing to me if I can’t sign up to it?

I was then given the hard sell trying to persuade me to move my BT broadband and mobile sim to EE but I felt the sales lady was just saying anything to get me to move. Claimed the mobile included TNT sports and free EU roaming for £9 a month which seems unlikely. Has anyone else been offered this? I was only being offered £1 a month off the broadband too. 

I’m thinking I’ll just stick with my BT sim once it’s out of contract, any positives with moving to EE? 

Tags (4)
0 Ratings
16 REPLIES 16
Message 2 of 17

Re: BT sim only deals

EE do not do free roaming.  you need to stay with BT for free roaming. so just a hard sell of something that won't happen

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Message 3 of 17

I felt the sales lady was just saying anything to get me to move.

That does indeed appear to be the case sadly.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 17

@rbz5416 I’m guessing they don’t record the conversation! They also said the BT network is poor and EE is far superior which seems an odd thing to say considering I called BT. I’ve always found BT’s service pretty good and happy to stick, just seems odd they offered me a BT deal and then say I can’t have it. 

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 17

Every call should be recorded but getting hold of the recording is another matter. Maybe a Mod would like to take a look at this?

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 17

@rbz5416 Yes I can imagine if I agreed to it and then swapped I wouldn't have a leg to stand on, they shouldn't be allowed to trick people into things, I wonder how many people get caught like this.

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 17

It's shocking how BT staff are prepared to tell outright lies, despite knowing they're being recorded. I guess the rewards in commission far outweigh any wrist slapping they may receive, if any.

If you're happy with what you have then just do nothing, you will simply move to a 30 day rolling contract on the same terms.

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 17

@rbz5416 Yes I'm just going to leave it, at some point I guess they will move me over to EE but hoping whatever the deal is they put it in an email !

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 17

@AaBaCa You definitely have grounds for complaint there based upon what you were told if you want to pursue it. I had a similar conversation to you when I called to renew our broadband. We are also out of contract with BT Mobile and that’s exactly where we’ll be staying until they decide that they’re going to close BT Mobile down. I hung up on the guy that gave me the hard sell and put in a complaint to the CEO’s office. All calls are recorded and my complaint was dealt with very quickly by someone in Executive Complaints.

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 17

@Brucemeister5 Yes maybe I should, I wouldn't have been happy if I switched, luckily I didn't fall for it. What 'deal' was you being offered and what was the outcome of your complaint?

0 Ratings