cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 5

Roaming whilst on dry land in UK !!!

Go to solution

Whilst in Norfolk (Cromer) I got a message that I was using Maritime and would be charged for roaming - why? Am I likely to get a shock on my next bill. If so how can this be legal.

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Re: Roaming whilst on dry land in UK !!!

Go to solution

as Cromer is right on coast is it possible you were on ferry or at the harbour?

Important Information: You're now connected to a Maritime Network, offered on ferries and ships. Making a call costs £2.40 per minute, receiving one costs £1.80 per minute. Texts are 60p to send, but they're free to receive.26 May 2019

as you can see that was 2019 but can't find up to date costs

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 5

Go to solution
It's probable that you've connected to a ships maritime system. Turn roaming off in your phone settings while you're at the coast
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 5

Go to solution

I was walking along the sea front - but I did discover that I still had roaming enabled following a holiday in Mallorca.

However I do feel that I should have been warned in advance that I was about to use Maritime and would incur charges rather than after I had already done so. You do rather expect to be using UK services whilst here!!

Thanks for the replies

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 5

Go to solution

The message will have been sent at the time of connection not after, apart from that I agree with you

0 Ratings