SMS charge for message I didn't send

Just downloaded my latest BT bill and I noticed  the following charge:

Message details
When 21 Mar 09:31
To +10020250100
Type MMS
Cost (£) 0.40
Total £0.40

I have no recollection of sending an MMS to this number - nor would I ever have a need to. Any thoughts?

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Re: SMS charge for message I didn't send

If you do an Internet search on the number you will find that it is a scam number that amongst other messages sends a text stating that there is a problem with your Internet and to get assistance press a link in the text.

There are other types of messages that it sends which you may have replied to by text or to unsubscribe or something similar. 

You should try blocking the number on your phone.

Message 3 of 4

If you received something unsolicited, and it has something like text ‘stop’ to ****** to stop receiving notifications, that may not be a ‘free’ text but a chargable one
Message 4 of 4

@Cnocscalbart 

As mentioned by @gg30340 and @iniltous this is a big NO, NO number. It has been around for a number of years. One wonders how in this modern age of technology how they can get away with it. Oh, sorry, it IS technology that permits the scam.

10020250100 Who Called Me? | who-called.co.uk

They're devious. There are cases locally where QR code stickers have been stuck on Ringo parking machines and the unwary have opened a new account with the scammer!