cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 7

SMS storage

HI, Im being moved to EE from BT mobile & am worried that I might lose all my saved SMS messages. Does anyone know if this happens?

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

Re: SMS storage

If you're on Android you can use SMS backup & Restore either as a safeguard or to migrate your messages as necessary. I'm sure there will be similar apps for iPhone.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 7

thanks, I have a Samsung S10e. Ive been told by others that the sms messages should be safe but I cant find any (free) way to transfer them to my W7 PC. Iwas recommended a program called Droid transfer, but at £30 I thought a bit too much. I was also told Samsung smart switch could do this but it saves them in some bizarre format that cannot be read!

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 7

Not sure about W7 but on W10 you can pair your phone to your PC and send/receive SMS messages on it easy-peasy and at no additional cost.

• If you have a Samsung phone then the chances are that you have a Google Account.
  • SMS Backup and Restore is a free app available from Google Play and can be used to backup and restore your SMS messages or to transfer them from one phone to the other as you please (the app must be installed on both phones)
  • Once you've done that you navigate to https://messages.google.com/web/conversations from a browser on your PC and follow the instructions on screen to connect your phone.
  • You are now set to go

Message 5 of 7

Thanks for reply. Im not changing phones only SIM. Number, direct debit cost etc all remain same
0 Ratings
Message 6 of 7

Unless you are getting a new phone the messages will just stay where they are, they aren't saved on the SIM like they used to be.

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 7

@simonriddler I'm pretty sure that Android saves SMS's to the phone memory and not the SIM 

0 Ratings