cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 17

Re: Transferring to EE

Perhaps better offers are with mobile contracts. Mine is a SIM only.

Stew

Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 12 of 17

The SIMO deals (especially for unlimited data) were more expensive.

Compared to EE’s general deals they were good.

Message 13 of 17

@StewM the two products are marketed differently. EE is for all singing and dancing and then BT Mobile is positioned as a budget option for those that want just the basics and no handset. Eventually, they'll be some convergence I'd imagine 

Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 14 of 17

Or BT will push users over to Plus their actual budget brand. 

Message 15 of 17

”@StewM the two products are marketed differently. EE is for all singing and dancing and then BT Mobile is positioned as a budget option for those that want just the basics and no handset. Eventually, they'll be some convergence I'd imagine.”

Yes, that’s the latest approach. Seems to have come full circle. I remember being on a trial for the launch of BT Mobile to give BT the quad product approach (phone, TV, Broadband and mobile) and to be all on one bill. Appears all BT being unravelled again and morphed into EE and the BT Group (or BT Family as it’s marketed as).

Stew

Message 16 of 17

@StewM I get thr feeling that the reason for the rebranding is to split BT Retail away from BT Group with a clear identity to restrict any takeover attempts. A French chap was trying to buy BT but not sure whether it was just Retail or the whole shebang. This pushes everything into EE ownership, which is probably the most valuable part of the business with it's 5G network.

0 Ratings
Message 17 of 17

One of my other reasons for resisting changing over to EE was because it would involve separate billing and credit checks. We like having everything on the same BT bill. A 24 month contract for a SIM only deal is also not very attractive with a built in price increase every year. We could avoid this by looking for a better SIM only deal elsewhere. Although EE claim to have the best network, a postcode checker suggests that O2 would be better for us where we are on the south coast. 

0 Ratings