cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 4

Unrecognised text on mobile bill

My latest mobile bill shows a text I apparently sent from my phone which I don't remember sending and there is no record of it in my phone message history. Googling the number (which I didn't recognise) seems to suggest it is used by Google scammers.... How can a text show on my bill which has clearly never been sent from my phone. OK, no charge as I have unlimited texts but rather curious how this can happen.

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Re: Unrecognised text on mobile bill

Is it definitely showing as being sent from your mobile not your home phone?
Mobile bills only normally show chargeable/out of plan usage, whereas all the usage in your allowance is normally viewed in your detailed usage online.
Another theory, does the number start with a USA/Canadian prefix and do you use iPhone?
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 4

It is shown in the mobile phone section of my bill (which covers both the landline and mobile) and the number can be seen in the detailed view in my online account. It is a UK mobile number that my mobile has allegedly called but my mobile has no record of it. (and I can't send texts from my landline phone...)

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 4

Only other thing I can think is maybe a call that was forwarded to voicemail from your mobile?
Can’t remember the long number for the voicemail system as I moved to EE, but I think it may have ended in 780 or 790?
The number may show in your call forwarding settings on your handset.
0 Ratings