cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 2

VPN - Note NOT HOME, but MOBILE issue

Morning all...

SO i have an issue when trying to access my work VPN through my mobile data while tethering.  This is what I've done so far...

Connected to Mobile Hotspot through my work laptop to my mobile when on mobile data which is unlimited data. Simple enought - Internet, Teams, Outlook and OneDrive - all could based works fine.  When I connect to my works VPN it connects, but there is no data transfer.

What have I tried - connecting to normal wifi - all works okay as you would expect (BT Hubs!)

Connecting to mobile hotspot through my phone while connecting to wifi - works fine.    Disconnect the wifi on my phone - VPN drops out

Works IT say its a common issue that VPN's can be blocked through mobile data and it the network providor that blocks it....

Now here is a strange thing....  IF i connect to the VPN via my hotspot through through wifi, then switch off the wifi, it still seems to work.  If i then disconnect and reconnect without the wifi connection - the VPN no longer connects - so something somewhere is telling the VPN that there is a difference.

Problem I have is that i don't have wifi where i need to be, hence the need to connect via a hotspot over data...

Any one else experienced this and how do I fix it ?

Cheers!!  

The Spudman

0 Ratings
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2

Re: VPN - Note NOT HOME, but MOBILE issue

So - saga continues - no one has any answers??

today I've taken my tablet with me that has a Three Sim Card in it with some data.  Tethered the same way, Internet, Emails, Teams OneDrive all working - and guess what - so is the works VPN.... so it's definitely a BT Mobile issue. 

I would appreciate some advice - I've got a new phone since last trying as well  - so it's not even the phone settings.

In fact - I'm might even try putting the tablet sim in the second slot of the phone to see if that works!!

Thanks

0 Ratings