cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 3

Why can’t people see that a text is from me?

Go to solution

Please can someone help?

I sent a text message to my brother this evening and he sent a text back asking, “who is this?”

Apparently my details, i.e my name and number didn’t come up on his screen.  I text him most days so this has only just happened.  Some other people I text, (not everyone I text) are having the same issue.

A few weeks ago I changed my mobile provider from O2 to BT and kept my original number.  BT did provide a temporary number for a few days until my number ported over.  I followed all the instructions and everything seemed to work and has been working until this has just started.

l’ve looked in the Community posts and can find some similar issues but not exactly the same.  Any help and advice is appreciated.

Thank you.  John

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

Re: Why can’t people see that a text is from me?

Go to solution

Can you check with your brother what entry he has for you in his contacts on his phone.

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings icon. If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted solution’
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 3

Re: Why can’t people see that a text is from me?

Go to solution

Thank you for your prompt reply.  I have just discovered that the temporary number that BT gave me was still in my iPhone.  I’ve just changed it back to my original number.  Had to send texts message to 400000 setup and 40001 sim and power off and on.  Brother can see text messages are from me now.  Not sure why it only just started happening but fixed now.

Thank you for trying to help me.

0 Ratings