cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 6

ubuntu touch

I've started using Ubuntu Touch (on a new-to-me Pixel 3a). It detects  BTWi-fi but does not connect to the Internet. How does the BT app do this? Anyone know?

Tags (1)
0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Re: ubuntu touch

You have to sign in to use BT Wi-Fi hotspots, so try launching a browser and it should redirect you.

alternatively download the BT Wi-Fi app and log into this, as it should then automatically connect to any and all BT hotspots for you

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 6

Thanx, but the phone hasn't connected to the internet, so a browser can't connect to any site. Also, the BT app is for Android or Iphone, and doesn't work with the UT operrating system.
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 6

You should still be able to launch your browser and be redirected to log into the hotspots which will give you internet access. 

This is from the BT Wifi site’s help section:

1. Once you join the BT Wi-Fi network (steps above), a browser window will appear. If it doesn't, open your browser and type 'www.btwifi.com' into your browser's address bar.
  2. If you're an existing customer with an access account click the 'log in now' button and you'll be presented with 3 options in the drop down menu.

• BT Wi-Fi — Use this if you're an existing BT Wi-Fi voucher or subscription customer
    • BT Broadband — Use this if you're an existing BT Broadband customer
    • BT Business Broadband — Use this if you're an existing BT Business Broadband customer

If you're not already one of these customers, you have the option to purchase one of our voucher products.

3. You are now online and can start browsing.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 6

Hey ctrlz! Thanx! I do find BT and BT website difficult to follow else I'd have found the info you kindly quoted, which was, of course, just what I needed. Thanks again.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 6

ps: after musch (random) searching, I chanced upon the page you quoted. The site seems to be written to perusade people to sign-up to BT and use it in the way *they* want, and not to give out information. As there is no longer a 'chat' facility, for a previous problem, I had to raise a 'complaint' to get any response. But a complaint it was not. Mais c'est la vie!
0 Ratings