cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 7

25fps on Samsung TV

Since start of season, I've only had 25fps when watching on Samsung TV (either through Samsung app or via casting) 

Has there been a summer update that is causing this? 

Many thanks 

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

Re: 25fps on Samsung TV

Update: now tv stick is 50 fps  but samsung agg is 25fps 

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 7

All on-demand content is 25fps.
Live content on BT Sport 1-3 is 25fps at lower broadband speeds, and increases to 50fps where bandwidth allows.
I'm not aware of any restrictions on Samsung devices that would cause it to stick at 25fps.
What content are you trying to watch on it?
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 7

Thanks for the reply. 

It is the live channels (1-3).  All other services such as now TV are 50fps where possible. 

All content I've viewed on live channels since 11th Aug has been 25fps on samsung tv app. My now tv stick is 50 fps and working well with Samsung tv. 

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 7

I had a chat with the team lead for the Samsung app earlier.

He has said that on Samsung 2015 models, there's a toggle on the settings screen to turn HD on or off.  When off, it limits the video to 480p25. When on, it allows the stream to go up to 720p50, but the video may be a little jumpy.

Unfortunately, 2015 models aren't quite up to the job of playing our new piracy-protected streams.  We'll be stopping support for 2015 devices later this year.

If yours is newer than 2015 then we're baffled - there should be no reason for it to not reach the higher quality streams.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 7

Thanks- it's UE50MU6120 so I think a 2017 one?

It's quite odd- judder reduction that normally stabilises a 25fps stream pretty well has little effect either. 

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 7

@Tvsportwatcher Could you please send me a DM with the BT ID that you're logged into the TV with?  Ideally, if you could also try watching BT Sport 1 and let me know the time, I can then check our logs for that session to see if it offers any clues as to why your session didn't reach at least 720p50.

0 Ratings