cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 135

Re: BT Sport App - New Google Chromecast 4K

Go to solution
Any more news on when this issue will be fixed. It's very frustrating not been able to watch in 4k.
0 Ratings
Message 12 of 135

Go to solution

No update yet - we've not even been made aware of anything in test yet, so I would still expect it to be weeks away at least.

0 Ratings
Message 13 of 135

Go to solution

Hi Darren,

I have recently bought a Google TV Chromecast and although I can get HDR, the picture judders every few seconds.

I don't have any issues with watching anything else using the Chromecast (eg Netflix 4k). I have tried wired and wireless approaches with the Chromecast.

I didn't have this issue either with the standard non-4k Chromecast.

Is there anything I can do? Many thanks in advance.

0 Ratings
Message 14 of 135

Go to solution

I've just verified this myself @shom345 - it looks like the device is struggling to even play 2K HDR content this evening.  I've added it to our issue raised with Google on this.

0 Ratings
Message 15 of 135

Go to solution

I'm trying to watch ultimate in 4k too this evening and I've got the same issue. Red X in the testing screen for 4k.

The picture is also very juddery.  Well done Google!!

I remember a couple of years ago when chromecast had cracking audio issues it took Google several months to pull their fingers out and fix it. Google are renounced for being slow!

0 Ratings
Message 16 of 135

Go to solution
Many thanks. It's been like this for me since I bought the Google TV Chromecast 2 weeks ago. It seems like this is only the case for the HDR ultimate as BT sport 3 atm is fine.
0 Ratings
Message 17 of 135

Go to solution

Any update from Google on the fix, perhaps Google can be chased as people are paying for access to a channel that doesn't work properly?

0 Ratings
Message 18 of 135

Go to solution

It's still broken I see.

It's typical of these big companies to take so long to fix the problems that they cause.

0 Ratings
Message 19 of 135

Go to solution

BT sport 2 today had no juddering issues, albeit not in ultimate, only HD. At least the match was watchable.

Can I request that 4k is turned off by default for the new Google Chromecast until this issue is fixed please? The judder just ruins the experience.

0 Ratings
Message 20 of 135

Go to solution
You can avoid the 4k streams yourself by simply selecting the channel from the Channels menu, rather than selecting the event from the home screen. Then dismiss the prompt to upgrade to Ultimate when it asks.