cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 14

Re: BT Sport UHD HDR on Channel 465 black screens

a few observations

One of the benefits of a Eurosport Player subscription is often the option of ambient sound for some sports events. I hope that the joint venture follows that path. match  was pretty poor  advert for the Premier League  for the neutral and the commentators seem to have little enthusiasm for what they were describing.

I would say though that a transmission problem on a channel that is resolved should NOT require the viewer to change channel  and then change back again.

Although I didn’t need to reboot the box after  the issue during the live problems with 465 I did have to this evening as the I(nfo) data on all channels that I viewed  lacked programming info.

Message 12 of 14

The transmission problem was really a one-off which affected all platforms. I don't think it affected the signal it was a problem with the stuff coming from the OB site.

I don't think it was related to the 465 blank screen which is a regular occurance - and would have occured anyway.

I really don't see how a box which had it's released delayed for so long still has major issues after being in the field for so long now.

---------------------------------------------------------------
Fibre 2 Unlimited using EE Smart Hub 2 with EE TV Box Pro (UHD/HDR) in IP mode.
Message 13 of 14

@ozsat Totally agree with your last sentence. 

Message 14 of 14

Just to add to this one - you're correct @ozsat that the issue yesterday was at source and affected all platforms. The box saw the stream end, so it stopped playing. I wouldn't expect all boxes to flood the network trying to restart for what is considered a rare exception.
The issue at the top of this thread is on us - a change was made at the server end that reverted one of the fixes for this black screen issue that was put in place weeks ago. We now fully understand why that happened, and have protection in place to prevent it happening again.
So for both cases in this thread, the box has worked as designed.