cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 19

BT Sport ULTIMATE on SKY BOX - BT Call Centre tells me i can' t watch BT SPORT ULTIMATE on SKY STILL

Is that correct ? Even tho i can see on channel 493 - BT SPORT ULTIMATE - BT tell me you can only watch it if you have  a BT TV Box ? The ladie was adamant ... and said they've received a lot of calls on this..

0 Ratings
18 REPLIES 18
Message 2 of 19

Re: BT Sport ULTIMATE on SKY BOX - BT Call Centre tells me i can' t watch BT SPORT ULTIMATE on SKY S

Also when i called .. to add BT Sport to SKY via BT its 29.99... on my sky box red button it says its 28 pounds to add it... why a price diff..
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 19

Re: BT Sport ULTIMATE on SKY BOX - BT Call Centre tells me i can' t watch BT SPORT ULTIMATE on SKY S

You can buy BT Sport on Sky via Sky or BT.

Pricing variances have been discussed many times on the forum, BT charge extra for HD and multiroom on top of the base cost of BT Sport on Sky, but offer discounts if you have broadband with them. You may also get access to the BT Sport app which will give you BT Sport Ultimate on a supported device, but I can't remember what the latest is as we do know the BT Sport channels are going to move into Discovery+.

Sky charge one price but it covers any box if you have multiroom and access via Sky Go. If you have HD and or the UHD pack on Sky for other content, you get BT  Sport in HD and access to BT Sport Ultimate.

So it's up to you which pricing you choose, but currently the only way to access BT Sport Ultimate on Sky as a live channel is by paying for BT Sport through Sky. That may change. 

————————————————————-
BT Smart Hub 2 | Halo 3+ | Digital Voice | Sky Q | Apple TV 4K | LG OLED
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 19

I think via BT you can cancel it with one month notice - with Sky you are tied to an 18 month contract for BT Sport.

@lookalikeywrote:
Also when i called .. to add BT Sport to SKY via BT its 29.99... on my sky box red button it says its 28 pounds to add it... why a price diff..

---------------------------------------------------------------
Fibre 2 Unlimited using EE Smart Hub 2 with EE TV Box Pro (UHD/HDR) in IP mode.
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 19

Spoiler
Spoiler
So what I think your saying is if I use red button via sky to upgrade I will get Bt sport ultimate - but not if I pay for it via Bt ? 
0 Ratings
Message 6 of 19

@ozsatwrote:

I think via BT you can cancel it with one month notice - with Sky you are tied to an 18 month contract for BT Sport.

Definitely 18 month contract via Sky, the monthly option I had previously has disappeared.

BT Sport on Sky via BT is showing a 24 month contract for all the base options I can see in my BT account, 31 days for add ons, but YMMV.

————————————————————-
0 Ratings
Message 7 of 19

@lookalikeywrote:
Spoiler
Spoiler
So what I think your saying is if I use red button via sky to upgrade I will get Bt sport ultimate - but not if I pay for it via Bt ? 

Last I heard that was indeed the case, but I can’t link to discussion as it is on the Sky help forum:

BT Sport UltimateBT Sport Ultimate

————————————————————-
0 Ratings
Message 8 of 19

I currently see via BT (on top) and via Sky (bottom) - but both cost even more for UHD.  Sky haven't revised the ad since ESPN because BTS4 (August 2022).

On BT I think you get Ultimate with the HD pack. On Sky you also need to subscribe to an additional pack (as previously posted).

ozsat_0-1673611246959.png

ozsat_1-1673611274446.png

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 19

@ozsat I have the same BT Sport "offer" on Sky as you, different contract term for it via BT.

£29.99 + £6.50 per Sky box for HD via BT is just too expensive, at least £28 on Sky is the core cost. 

I pay £6 for HD with Sky (split as £2 for 'Sky Sports HD' and £4 for 'Sky HD' for some reason), but UHD is free. 

————————————————————-
0 Ratings
Message 10 of 19

Don't forget that 'via BT' gives you further access via all the apps - but not work that much extra.

As a BT customer - I only pay about £16 for sport but not on the Sky box.

@stereohavenwrote:

@ozsat I have the same BT Sport "offer" on Sky as you, different contract term for it via BT.

£29.99 + £6.50 per Sky box for HD via BT is just too expensive, at least £28 on Sky is the core cost. 

I pay £6 for HD with Sky (split as £2 for 'Sky Sports HD' and £4 for 'Sky HD' for some reason), but UHD is free. 

0 Ratings