cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 23

Re: BT Sport Ultimate (4K HDR) not working on Samsung Smart TV

Which issue are you referring to @marcwatson ?

BT Sport Ultimate is currently disabled for Samsung 2019 models, due to a known issue.  This is expected to be resolved tomorrow, in time for the next Ultimate event tomorrow evening.

0 Ratings
Message 12 of 23

Thanks Darren.

yes it’s that issue, ultimate not working on 2019 models - with the device checker showing red crosses for 4K and HDR.

marc 

0 Ratings
Message 13 of 23

That's it now re-enabled. You should find that the device checker will show 4K and HDR as available.
0 Ratings
Message 14 of 23

Thanks @DarrenDev 

you have been very helpful.

I wonder if there is a better way to make these things public rather than lots of people having to call in. 

I phoned a few weeks ago and it took a long time to get anywhere, even BT technical staff weren’t sure if it was a known issue.

Maybe an announcements page?

cheers all the same 

0 Ratings
Message 15 of 23

Hello i am also facing this issue.   the samsung tv i have showed all ticks in device checker until recently which now has a x for 4k due to techincal limitations. again no problem with sky in 4k hdr, neflix or amazon so why are BT taking the mick.  i think my tv is a 2017 model regardless of year it should be compatible with any 4k hdr tv. paying for ultimate and bt is pointless if you cant support across all platforms/devices. the desktop app is rubbish on win10. no way is it 1080p on bt sports 1 and 3 for champions league game today.

Also the HD on a lenova full hd table is sluggish and in slow motion as if the tablet cant handle it so i have to run it in SD. although youtube, sky go, amazon netflix all work in 1080p flawlessly.

yours truly a software engineer 

0 Ratings
Message 16 of 23

Update for those on Samsung 2019 models:

BT Sport Ultimate was re-enabled before the matches last night, but was then disabled again shortly after start as we detected a high error rate from those devices again.

It'll remain disabled until we'd identified the cause of this new issue, and have a fix for it.  I don't have an ETA on that just now.

0 Ratings
Message 17 of 23

i have this model also and it doesnt have 4k but has hdr? i have sky multiroom and the tv is 2160p and 10bit enabled. so thats another samsung tv you have no compatibility for. all other apps run in atleast 4k

ue55ku6500

0 Ratings
Message 18 of 23

BT Sport Ultimate has now been fully enabled for Samsung 2019 models again, following a fix deployed earlier this morning.

The next event is tomorrow evening - "Premiership Rugby - Gloucester Rugby v Leicester Tigers" which will be in 4K SDR.  Then there's "Premier League - Chelsea v Manchester City" in 4K HDR with Atmos on Saturday lunchtime.

0 Ratings
Message 19 of 23

... and that's it turned off again!
Shortly after kick off for the rugby last night, we became aware of Samsung 2019 models reporting a large numbers of errors AGAIN - another new error. That year's Samsung TVs really hate BT Sport Ultimate!
We'll analyse the logs on Monday to see what they don't like now.
0 Ratings
Message 20 of 23

That's incredibly annoying. It's always worked fine on my 2019 Q90R65. I hope it is solved soon. 

0 Ratings