cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 6

BT Sport Ultimate - No HDR via Firestick Max?

Go to solution

Hi Folks,

Just purchased BT Sport Monthly Pass yesterday to watch CL Football and last night match between Man City vs Real Madrid, which was dubbed as 'Ultimate' however it was only shown in 4K and no HDR and no ATMOS. I was disappointed not see the match in HDR, just in UHD!

I was watching via BT Sport app on the Firestick Max which is capable of displaying BTs 4K HDR ATMOS content and also my TV is capable of 4KHDR and I have an avg of 70Mbs of broadband speed.

So my question is, was the match shown yesterday evening in HDR? and generally are most of the Football matches in 'Ultimate' tag in HDR?

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Re: BT Sport Ultimate - No HDR via Firestick Max?

Go to solution

It was NOT in HDR from BT Sport - in UEFA it is usually just the UK based games so Rangers tonight.

Most Premier League game are HDR.

Atmos should have been present last night but didn't check here.

@Eastender500wrote:

Hi Folks,

Just purchased BT Sport Monthly Pass yesterday to watch CL Football and last night match between Man City vs Real Madrid, which was dubbed as 'Ultimate' however it was only shown in 4K and no HDR and no ATMOS. I was disappointed not see the match in HDR, just in UHD!

I was watching via BT Sport app on the Firestick Max which is capable of displaying BTs 4K HDR ATMOS content and also my TV is capable of 4KHDR and I have an avg of 70Mbs of broadband speed.

So my question is, was the match shown yesterday evening in HDR? and generally are most of the Football matches in 'Ultimate' tag in HDR?

---------------------------------------------------------------
Fibre 2 Unlimited using EE Smart Hub 2 with EE TV Box Pro (UHD/HDR) in IP mode.
Message 3 of 6

Go to solution

OK, thanks for your quick reply and help.

That is helpful. I thought I was missing out. It should be made clear that games in the UK are going to be in HDR.

The 'Ultimate' tag gives the impression and the description, that the match is going to be super 4KHDR when in fact, it would be just in 4K unless the match is the UK. It is misleading from the BT promotion on its website!

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 6

Go to solution

Might be worth reading EPG not correct for ch 465 today 

@Eastender500wrote:

OK, thanks for your quick reply and help.

That is helpful. I thought I was missing out. It should be made clear that games in the UK are going to be in HDR.

The 'Ultimate' tag gives the impression and the description, that the match is going to be super 4KHDR when in fact, it would be just in 4K unless the match is the UK. It is misleading from the BT promotion on its website!

---------------------------------------------------------------
Fibre 2 Unlimited using EE Smart Hub 2 with EE TV Box Pro (UHD/HDR) in IP mode.
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 6

Go to solution

@Eastender500 most UK games are in 4KHDR but the European legs are normally 4K only but it depends on the host broadcaster 

Message 6 of 6

Go to solution

Last night's Champions League match between Real Madrid v Manchester City was broadcast in Atmos.  It wasn't in HDR though.

0 Ratings