cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 30

Re: BT Sport app not working Firestick

Go to solution

Your issue is a different one @kev_ly  - the app has loaded ok, but the videos fail to play. Please send me a DM with the BT ID you're logged into the app with and I'll check the logs.

0 Ratings
Message 12 of 30

Go to solution

It's a strange one @kev_ly - our logs show that you're pressing stop as soon as the video starts buffering. There's definitely no chance that you're hitting a button on the remote is there? Or someone in the house playing a prank?

0 Ratings
Message 13 of 30

Go to solution

I can assure you that neither of those things is happening! I’ll try using the iOS remote app in case I have a defective hardware remote - I’ve not had any problems with other apps though.

0 Ratings
Message 14 of 30

Go to solution

And bizarrely that works. Very odd indeed.

Thanks for the detective work. The buffering rendered the stream unwatchable on the Amazon Silk browser! 

Cheers again!

0 Ratings
Message 15 of 30

Go to solution

@DarrenDev this is happening again - using the software remote. There’s no one home who could be interfering (and no, I’m not pressing the back button!).

0 Ratings
Message 16 of 30

Go to solution

Totally baffled I'm afraid @kev_ly 

I've asked my colleagues for any thoughts on what could be happening, but ultimately I think we're going to need to get more logs from your device to identify exactly what is telling the app/player to stop. We're working on a solution that will allow us to turn up the logging for specific devices, however it's not going to be available for a couple of months at least.

I can see it worked for you eventually - did you do anything differently?

0 Ratings
Message 17 of 30

Go to solution

Nah, just kept restarting and trying again. If there’s any debug info I can provide from my end, let me know.

0 Ratings
Message 18 of 30

Go to solution

Further analysis of this issue has shown that it specifically just affects the Amazon Fire Stick 2nd Generation (model: AFTT), and happens as soon as a device has updated to OS version 5.2.8.7.  i.e. it looks like Amazon have broken something with a software update.

We're still investigating to try to find out what exactly they've done, and whether there's anything we can do to work around it.

0 Ratings
Message 19 of 30

Go to solution

I'm able to reliably reproduce this issue now, and have confirmed that when the player is starting, the device is telling us that the HDMI cable has been disconnected. This causes us to automatically stop the video (it's common for customers to turn their TV off without stopping the video first, meaning it'd be consuming bandwidth for up to 8 hours without the customer realising).

It tells us 100 milliseconds later that it's connected again, but by then it's too late and so the video stops.

If you quit the app and start it again, the problem goes away - the disconnected event doesn't happen unless you reboot your device.

We're currently deploying a temporary workaround that prevents the video from stopping, even when we're told that HDMI is no longer connected.  We'll put in a permanent fix ASAP.

0 Ratings
Message 20 of 30

Go to solution

I can’t find the app at all in the store. Does anyone have the same issue ?

0 Ratings