cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 22

Re: BT Sport app not working on Samsung TV

Assuming how a piece of software will fail in given circumstances is a rookie mistake. 🙂

0 Ratings
Message 12 of 22

It's not an assumption - it's a test scenario. Loss or lack of network is a certainty with all apps, so always has to be covered in design, dev, and test.
Our aim is to make sure the app never behaves as described here - we aim to catch every possible issue and present a message and error code - even if it's generic when we don't actually know what happened. Having something just disappear (or not appear in the first place) is the worst possible kind of issue to help diagnose.
0 Ratings
Message 13 of 22

And there is the assumption right there. You are assuming the issue is a loss or lack of network. What if the network connection is there and looks OK but there is something (unknown) about it which is causing a problem?  Poo-pooing that as a possibility could lead to the whole support team being disbanded.

0 Ratings
Message 14 of 22

No-one is poo-pooing anything @gomezz - I was just trying (and clearly failing) to explain that we have exhaustive test pack (both automated and manual) from a dedicated test team that includes scenarios like this.
We also have a large number of Samsung TVs from different years and different models, distributed with members of the team across the UK.
This isn't some script kiddie in his bedroom writing the app and putting it live on his own.
0 Ratings
Message 15 of 22

Another thought we've had here - maybe Samsung are rolling out a software update that is changing behaviour, and none of us have it yet?
For anyone affected by this issue, if you could post here with your TV model number and software version, it'd be greatly appreciated.
For my TVs I have (Settings -> Support -> About this TV or Menu -> Support -> Contact Samsung):
Model: UE43RU7100KXXU
Version: 1374
Model: UE65TU7000KXXU
Version: 1420
Model: UE65JS9000
Version: 1560
0 Ratings
Message 16 of 22

I feel like maybe I'm just talking to myself here, but ...

We've had a response from Samsung on this issue. They say they're not currently in the process of rolling out any updates, and they have no possible explanation for this issue. Their recommendation is that affected users directly contact them and they can remotely debug affected TVs.  They provide a number of contact options on their web site, including text chat, video chat, Facebook messenger, or calling them on 0333 000 0333 

If anyone has any luck with this, I'd appreciate if you could update here.

Message 17 of 22

Many thanks for your help and speed of trying to resolve this issue! Great customer service and I appreciate it! I am glad to say the issue has been resolved.

model Bravia 4K UR3

Now BT sport is working as expected. I can confirm the other people I spoke to on the matter have had the same positive outcome.

no idea why this happened though! 

0 Ratings
Message 18 of 22

That'll teach me for speed reading @fish26 - I'd missed that you'd mentioned your issue was on a Sony TV rather than a Samsung one. That was a totally different issue, fixed with an update on Friday evening (some devices took longer than others to pick up the update).
0 Ratings
Message 19 of 22

I’ll be honest I think I misread Samsung and Sony myself!!
0 Ratings
Message 20 of 22

Model Code: UE50TU8000KXXU

Software Version: T-NKLDEUC-2014.1, BT-S

Hello @DarrenDev 

Samsung TV details above. Tried installing the BT Sport app tonight without success. Clicked on 'install'..... thought about it for about 20 seconds with an option to cancel... then presented the same 'install' option. Doesn't seem to want to complete.

Also tried to load the footie via the Internet app. Used to be able to do this last season. Receive a message stating software is out of date (VC089). Checked for software updates in the TV settings but nothing waiting (I've set to auto install as default).

Any help appreciated thanks.

0 Ratings