cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 19

Re: BT Sport sound out of sync using Chromecast

Hi Darren,  I've been having this issue as well for a couple of weeks and today, 22nd October I'm still having the issue on BT Sport 2.  Just tried BT Sport 1 and that is fine.  I like watching the Gallagher Premiership Rugby but it's unwatchable at the moment.

0 Ratings
Message 12 of 19

Hello. Watching BT 4, Rangers v Napoli. Stream buffering via rebooted Chromecast. 

0 Ratings
Message 13 of 19

Hi there,

I'm also having the audio sync issue when watching BT Sport via Chromecast. I'm watching the UFC and the audio is 5 or so second behind the visual. 

0 Ratings
Message 14 of 19

Hi Tysam,

It was reported a while ago on this thread that BT had fixed the problem but plainly they haven't.   The problem only seems to be with BT Sport 2, which is unfortunately the channel I mainly use as that's where the Rugby is.  A work around I found is to 'tune in' temporarily to one of the other BT Sport channels that doesn't have the problem and then go back to BT Sport 2, hey presto the sound is in sync.  Like you I'm finding the sound to be about 4 or 5 seconds behind, but only when Chromecasting, when watching on my phone the sound is in sync.  Hope my work around works for you.

0 Ratings
Message 15 of 19

Thanks Peterdl - that's really helpful.

Your workaround seems to do the trick for me.

I really do hope BT actually resolve the underlying issue.

0 Ratings
Message 16 of 19

I'm having this problem again tonight trying to watch Liverpool/Real Madrid. It was happening a few months ago too but hoped it would be fixed by now. Please sort this out!

Message 17 of 19

I'm also having this issue watching the same game. Tried restarting phone and Chromecast and watching other channels and going back. Can't think of any other things to try. Impossible to watch game as commentary is ahead

0 Ratings
Message 18 of 19

Seems ok now. Left it ten minutes... Missed two goals though
0 Ratings
Message 19 of 19

There are 2 different issues: one with the Google player on the device, and one with our content encoders.
The Google issue isn't likely to ever be fixed on BT Sport - they have a new player in development, but we no longer have a development team to code the necessary changes when it's ready. Changing channel or rebooting the device can often fix this.
The encoder issue is only fixed by us restarting the encoders. That's what happened this evening, and it was fixed within a few minutes of me raising it.