cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 8

BT sport app commentary loops back and starts to repeat what was said 5 minutes ago???

Hi

I know there are a few similar posts back in June , but does anyone else suffer the commentary or sound tripping back and repeating what was said 5 mins before  then stays out of sync.  The picture does not freeze and by  stopping and re starting it seems to correct itself for say 5 mins then it happens again . It happens on both of my Samsung TV's . It surely is not the TV as Prime and Netflix play perfectly. This is making BT unwatchable and I will cancel my subscription if I cannot find a solution. Any help support much appreciated .

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8

Re: BT sport app commentary loops back and starts to repeat what was said 5 minutes ago???

Is it going back 5 minutes? Or is it more like 30 seconds?  If it's a 2016 model, then it sounds like the known issue described in this thread:

Samsung tv app freezing - Page 3 - BT Community

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 8

Re: BT sport app commentary loops back and starts to repeat what was said 5 minutes ago???

Hi Darren 

It was bought in 2016 ( 6 series ) but has worked Ok up to now so I cannot believe its the TV ?  .It  seems to be random I will try to log it more accurately tonight, it just seems to skip back . The picture carries on . It happens on BT1 and BT2 . The TV software is up to date . do you have a solution ? Is it possible to reload the app ?

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 8

If you read the last few posts of the thread I linked to, you'll see the explanation for why it's happening and what we're trying to do. Given that they're 2016 models, it'll be the same issue.
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 8

HI 

Just read the posts not sure I have the same issue but something similar ,despite your efforts am I right in that there is not easy solution. Like other I can see why they don't believe its a Samsung issue given no problems with other apps . Are you suggesting I just buy a Firestick and log in ? has this worked for others and there is now extra charge 

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 8

Hi Darren 

I have football BT1 on at present on the Samsung and also on a  old Panasonic via  Firestick the Samsung is 7 mins behind the Panasonic which tells me it has looped back at some point . what's going on ??. Is the solution to buy a Fire stick for my two Samsungs surely BT can do better than that .

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 8

I understand why you see it like that, but if you also consider the exact same app and video works on all other years of Samsung TV, do you still not see it as a Samsung issue? Even if it is a BT issue, it's not something we have any way to diagnose due to not having access to the internal workings of the TV. Thus We're 100% reliant on Samsung.

Fortunately you'll have seen from the other thread that enough customers have now contacted them for them to take the issue seriously.

I don't want to make any suggestions on you buying new hardware, but yes - if you take that route, it will avoid this issue. There's no guarantee that it won't have issues too, but at the moment it's all good. 😀

All subscriptions that allow use of Samsung TVs will also allow use of Fire TV.

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 8

Hi Darren 

Understood thank you for the advice , my experience with  Samsung is it takes thousands to get any action

0 Ratings