Go to solution

Hi I tried that and it still didn't work even on ios 

Software it's running is 

4.9.238 (535d02)

0 Ratings
Message 22 of 29

Re: BTTV BOX PRO NOT SYNCHING WITH BTTV APP ON ANDROID 13

Go to solution
OK, so that's all I can do from here - I've confirmed that the device software versions you have are the same as everyone else, and they're working fine.
One thing suspicious that we've spotted is that you both have boxes from the exact same production batch. I'd like to send one of you a new box, and get your existing box delivered to me for further analysis. Would that be OK? If it's confirmed to be a production issue, then we'll swap the other one too.
I'll send the box to the first one of you to say this is OK, along with a courier request to collect the existing box from you.
0 Ratings
Message 23 of 29

Go to solution

Hi 

That's ok

0 Ratings
Message 24 of 29

Go to solution

That's great, thanks @trekerdwarf 

As soon as the new box is confirmed as delivered, we'll arrange for the current one to be collected.

0 Ratings
Message 25 of 29

Go to solution

That's great thanks do you need any of my address details

And thank you for all your help with this

0 Ratings
Message 26 of 29

Go to solution
No worries - nothing further needed from you for now. Thanks.
0 Ratings
Message 27 of 29

Go to solution

Hi

You won't believe it tried again this morning and now it syncs to the apps there was no software update so God knows why its working now so won't need that new box but thank you again for all the help.

0 Ratings
Message 28 of 29

Go to solution

@DarrenDev this is why I opted for my own router using a BT MT992.
I use a split wifi (one for 2.4 and one for 5) and everything is seen as it should.

I am not a fan of 'smart wifi' that seemingly picks for you. I've known devices that support 5ghz always connect to 2.4.

working for me though.

0 Ratings
Message 29 of 29

Go to solution

But then you're having to constantly switch wifi networks as you move around (e.g. as the 5 GHz signal gets weaker, you have to manually switch to the 2.4). I like the simple life personally - let the devices decide for themselves where/how to connect.

I rarely have issues with devices not connecting, or not being connected fast enough.  The BT Hub used to be really bad for not allowing devices to discover each other on the network (e.g. Spotify couldn't see all my speakers at the same time), but it's much better nowadays.

For this particular issue with not seeing the set top box for pairing, I used to receive emails/play store feedback on an almost daily basis, but it's pretty quiet nowadays - it just works for most people.

0 Ratings