cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 45

CC_X01 error when casting sport app

Hi,

I keep getting this error when trying to cast to Chromecast. The BT logo appears on screen but the content won't cast.

It plays on my phone, casting worked a few weeks ago when I last used it but not now.

I've force stopped and reopened, uninstall/reinstall, and turned off HD but nothing works.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks

44 REPLIES 44
Message 2 of 45

Re: CC_X01 error when casting sport app

Exact same prob for me - all worked fine a few weeks ago - reinstalled app and chromecast Ultra - app works fine on mobile as does other non BT 4k content streamed to the chromecast, so whats changed on the app  and whats the fix ?

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 45

Which model of Chromecast are you guys using?

The app isn't responsible for what happens on Chromecast - it just sends commands to it. We're working with Google to understand why some users see frequent buffering, but X01 is a new issue that we're only seeing reports of today for the first time.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 45

Chromecast Ultra - had no problems watching the BT Ultimate stream on its last season...just this
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 45

mr_blibby_0-1659790801492.png

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 45

also tried streaming the SD version of the game - it did just about work, but incredibly poor picture quality and lots of buffering
0 Ratings
Message 7 of 45

Also a Chromecast ultra. I was able to cast the last round of MotoGP on it, so 26/07.

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 45

I have had the same issue today. Chromecast ultra. Worked fine few days ago.

Just to add it was working on my phone OK 

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 45

I am also having the CC_X01 error when I cast to both of my Chromecast Ultras.

All bt sport content, including the live Fulham v Liverpool game was working fine on the bt app on my phone, but both TVs displayed the error when chromecasting.

Doesn't justify the cost of bt sport if this doesn't get fixed quickly 

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 45

OK, so I've found 7 different causes of CC_X01. Unfortunately X01 is the catch-all error code when there's not a specific error code for the scenario encountered.

First task on Monday will be to ensure that unique error codes are used for all scenarios encountered today. e.g. ~10% of the failures were from people trying to watch too many streams - error LP103 should have been shown, and the user specifically shown that they're trying to watch on too many devices. Instead, they see X01 and a useless message.

Over a third of failures were from devices not liking the format of the video stream they were given. We'll need to dig further into whether this is an issue on our side (providing the wrong stream), or a device issue (not supporting a format it claims it was capable of).

This will be absolute top priority on Monday, and we'll make sure the major issues are fixed in time for the next match on Ultimate (next Saturday).

Sorry for the balls up here guys - a very bad first day back.