cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 21

No enhanced video watching BT Sport

Hi

Watching Burnley v Leeds on MacBook. Clicked enhanced video option, and it says “not available in your region or not working”. First time I’ve ever seen this. Anyone know what’s happening? (Seems to work on normal resolution)

Thanks

0 Ratings
20 REPLIES 20
Message 2 of 21

Re: No enhanced video watching BT Sport

Enhanced player error handling is unfortunately rubbish - very unhelpful. It could have failed for any of a number of reasons, but we have no easy way to tell. Only suggestions I can make are:
1. Reboot your router (to get a new IP address, and resolve any potential connectivity issues)
2. Reboot your Mac - the internationally accepted "worth a try" fix that often works
3. Clear your browser cookies - the other internationally accepted "worth a try" solution, because we know cookies can sometimes bloat and become too large for the server to handle (especially on bt.com).
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 21

Thanks. Watched it on normal. To be fair, this is first time for ages it hadn’t worked. Will clear browsing and do a restart and see if that helps.

Ta

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 21

Yes, I am getting "We are unable to detect your account", but it's working fine in Standard. It was working last night. I assume it's a variation of the same problem.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 21

Same again. No enhanced video, just the “this video is not working or not available in your region” message. Tried restarting Mac, clearing browsing history, restart router etc. Only manifested from yesterday.  Can’t just be me surely. Is there any way to report, escalate through the good folk on this platform?

Thanks

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 21

No need - I've already raised with the relevant team and an investigation is already planned for tomorrow.
0 Ratings
Message 7 of 21

Thanks Darren. Can’t believe it’s just me? Having said that, you’d know if it was systemic.

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 21

It's not just you. The numbers are small, but enough to highlight that we have a fault that needs fixing.
0 Ratings
Message 9 of 21

Thanks.

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 21

Fault found and is now being fixed.  It was caused by incorrect encoding of account details, which resulted in a 1 in 64 chance of an account triggering this issue.

0 Ratings