cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 7

Sound streams on BT App via Apple TV 4K

Go to solution

I’ve noticed that there has only been a PCM 2.0 track on the Ultimate channel for Premiereship Rugby matches for the last couple of weeks.  Dolby Atmos or even Multi PCM 5.1 seems to have been dropped? Is there a technical reason for this?

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

Re: Sound streams on BT App via Apple TV 4K

Go to solution

Hi @trevdigital and thanks for posting about the sound streams.

I'm not sure if this is something the community can help with but perhaps @DarrenDev might be able to help.

Cheers

David

Message 3 of 7

Go to solution

Surround sound is currently turned off for Apple devices due to a spike of errors reported from devices. We're still investigating the cause, and will turn it back on as soon as we're confident that it'll work correctly.

Message 4 of 7

Go to solution

@DarrenDev 

You say this as been solved by BT, by turning off Surround Sound for BT Sports App for Apple 4K TV.

Your post was 19/04/21, I am having same issue today it’s never worked. 21/01/23.

Have you switched this back on yet ?

BT is advertising this, and I’m paying for a service which I’m not receiving. I’ve spent 45 mins today trying to get through to Technical Support, which some lady took my call in a call centre in Newcastle.

then spent another hour going through everything but unfortunately she didn’t know what Atmos was, so how this is support help, is beyond me.

Can you please help me, it’s only broadcasting in 2.0 PCM.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 7

Go to solution

@Wildechowrote:

@DarrenDev 

You say this as been solved by BT, by turning off Surround Sound for BT Sports App for Apple 4K TV.

Your post was 19/04/21, I am having same issue today it’s never worked. 21/01/23.

Have you switched this back on yet ?

BT is advertising this, and I’m paying for a service which I’m not receiving. I’ve spent 45 mins today trying to get through to Technical Support, which some lady took my call in a call centre in Newcastle.

then spent another hour going through everything but unfortunately she didn’t know what Atmos was, so how this is support help, is beyond me.

Can you please help me, it’s only broadcasting in 2.0 PCM.

I get Atmos/HDR10 where available with BT Sport Ultimate streams  The HD streams are PCM2.0 but a full downmix of the 5.1 which upmix via Dolby Surround or Dolby Prologic receivers.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 7

Go to solution

@trevdigital 

Cab you explain please, so I know what I need to do.

Unfortunately speaking to BT is not getting me anywhere at present.

So my take from you, is when you open up the App on Apple 4K TV you get the Dolby Vision  icon in top  right hand corner of TV. Then when you click onto say… A Premiere League match which is broadcasted in Ultimate, it changes and you get the HDR in top right hand corner with Atmos sound. ?

From what you are saying it sounds like mine is in HD only, but it does state BT Sports Ultimate when watching the game.

I did mention to customer services about something else I have noticed. When watch live match I get an icon in top right hand corner of picture it’s like an oblong shape (like a SIM card shape) with a dot inside the oblong in the bottom left corner is that normal during game (picture). ?

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 7

Go to solution

@trevdigital 

…. Well haven’t got anywhere with BT on the phone…

but the TV advert is interesting and this looks like the latest. (2023).

https://www.bt.com/sport/bt-sport-ultimate

Watch the video in the in the section where it reads TV’s and Consoles, there’s a video inside which states “HDR Selected Content not available on Apple TV”. (Talk about small print).

but then BT advertise it is on Apple TV but I guess that’s only HD only.?

I only looking for some answers how to get Atmos sound. Sky is not broadcasting the new BT channel BTSUltimate on Channel 493, in Atmos it’s only 5.1 Dolby at present and that’s only if you have purchased BT Sports with BT.

If you purchase BT sports through SKY, they don’t even offer the Ultimate Channel yet, not available to Sky Customers.

0 Ratings