cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 7

Watching on two devices nowtv with BT TV box

Unsure if I’m in the right category, but I’m currently trying to watch sky sports on the NowTv through my BT TV box the box is DTR T2100 and my Samsung TV but it just won’t do it any suggestions on how to solve this? 

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

Re: Watching on two devices nowtv with BT TV box

According to NowTV, you can only watch one stream at once unless you have the HD Boost in which case you can watch three. Your BT TV Youview box counts as one device.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 7

NowTv says if your a BT TV subscriber you can watch two devices as long as one is the BT TV Box but it has to be done in order whatever that means 

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 7

I think it means watching via the Youview EPG on the BT box and not the app. 

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 7

Hi,

what does EPG mean? You mean like the channels?

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 7

The relevant part of that page is as follows:

To watch on two devices at once:

If you're watching on a BT TV Box, you'll need to leave NOW channels to start watching on the App. Then you can go back to watching NOW on your BT TV Box too. You can watch live on your BT TV Box, plus live or On Demand via NOW App.

If you're watching on two BT TV Boxes then you can start them in any order. 

If you have NOW Boost or the HD add-on, you watch on up to 3 devices at the same time

It's worded pretty poorly, but what it's saying is that if you've tuned to a Now channel via the TV Guide on your box then you need to LEAVE that channel (e.g. switch to BBC 1) first, then start streaming via the Now TV app on your other device. Once that other device has started, you can then tune back to the channel on your BT TV Box again and it should work fine.

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 7

Without digression too much how does the this work for customers with BT TV Extra box add on  without the NOW Boost add on. If they want to watch live EPG Now channels on both boxes and use the Now app on another device ?

0 Ratings