cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 6

Yonex All England Badminton Championship

Why have I just got an email demanding £29.99 form Badminton UK saying its the only to watch the Championships. BT Sport has shown all other championships so why not this one?  If not them give us the £30 so  i can watch it. Seems odd not to show the one tournament that's in your own country?  Or is this Badminton UK trying to make sure noon will watch now they lost my ticket cost?

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Re: Yonex All England Badminton Championship

BBC seems to be doing a lot of the coverage

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 6

According to the link below, it's on BT Sport. That's if you're looking for the All England Open

https://www.tvguide.co.uk/titlesearch.asp?title=Live+Badminton 

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 6

Badminton UK have just clarified it s on BT sport and BBC TV, but they have all courts covered not just the 'TV' courts.  So I've told them they were misleading people

Message 5 of 6

@jwacoles sounds like they were scaremongering and trying to get people to by direct access through their website which I would have thought would be in breach of their broadcast agreement with BT Sport 

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 6

interesting thought. if you were just paying for courts 2-5 only for days 1-3 then they would be ok. i suspect they trying to get money to save losses, whereas they could just ask for donations in lieu of that. or they could provide for free to encourage people to watch and get hooked to go in person next year. 

0 Ratings