cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 43

bt sport not working outside the uk.

bt sport will not work for me outside the uk now. it gives a fault code of LP205 but this doesnt come up with anything on the help page. the main reason i have bt sport is so i can watch sport when im in europe. the bt sport website is still advertising that you can watch in any europian country. is this a random error? or is it not going to work now because of the brexit?

0 Ratings
42 REPLIES 42
Message 2 of 43

Re: bt sport not working outside the uk.

Brexit means no more BT Sport in Europe, the help pages need updating.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 43

Hi @dan131,

Thank you for posting. What @-Richie- has said is correct.

From the 1st of January 2021, the transition period for the UK to leave the European Union (EU) will have ended and the new rules take effect.

As a result of this, BT TV and BT Sport customers will no longer be able to use the apps or access the web players in the EU. This includes all live and catch-up services.

They'll be able to continue to watch in England, Scotland, Wales, Northern Ireland, Channel Islands and Isle of Man.

I'm sorry the help page hasn't been updated and I've highlighted that to be corrected.

Thanks

Paddy

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 43

So how come I get the same message when I'm clearly in the UK but being told by bt app that I'm not! 

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 43

Are you using a VPN @Snowy5108 ?  If so, disconnect it.

If you're not on a VPN then please send me a DM with your BT ID and I'll check why you're seeing that message.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 43

I'm in the UK and getting the same message. VPN is turned off.

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 43

I am having exactly the same problem.

Sitting at home. No VPN

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 43

Were you on a VPN when you launched the app? We're aware of an issue that if you start the app with a VPN connected, you'll continue to see location error messages even when the VPN is disconnected. You need to kill the app and restart, or log out and in again to get it to pick up the change of location.
0 Ratings
Message 9 of 43

Thank you so much Darren. That seems to have solved it.

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 43

Can you fix mine *********@yahoo.co.uk

0 Ratings