cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 3

BT - the opposite of green

A while back, BT sent me a Smart Hub 2, despite me telling them I would be using my own equipment. A waste of equipment, and a waste of postage.

I also told them I did not need a landline, but at the time that was not an option.

Unbelievably, I got a text from BT today, telling me that I am being switched over to Digital Voice, and to use it I will need a Smart Hub 2 - so they have sent me a new one, and I should send the old SH2 back. This is now a second unnecessary SH2, to replace the original one still sitting in its box, and two more lots of wasted back and forth delivery.

And then BT tell me they are doing all this to SAVE millions of tons of waste?

Someone somewhere hasn't really thought this through have they? Either from a cost point of view, or a green point of view, or a customer satisfaction point of view...

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

Re: BT - the opposite of green

@ralphrmartinwrote:

A while back, BT sent me a Smart Hub 2, despite me telling them I would be using my own equipment. A waste of equipment, and a waste of postage. Not really, they have an obligation to send out equipment to customers to allow the use of their service, whether you use it is upto you.

I also told them I did not need a landline, but at the time that was not an option. A landline is referred to as the physical cable connecting from pole/chamber to your property,  however you can get the ability to use a phone turned off

Unbelievably, I got a text from BT today, telling me that I am being switched over to Digital Voice, and to use it I will need a Smart Hub 2 - so they have sent me a new one, and I should send the old SH2 back. This is now a second unnecessary SH2, to replace the original one still sitting in its box, and two more lots of wasted back and forth delivery. This is because the new SH2's have a phone port on the back where as the older ones don't, and it is needed for digital voice, however you may have got lucky with the original SH2 and had one with the extra port already.

And then BT tell me they are doing all this to SAVE millions of tons of waste?

Someone somewhere hasn't really thought this through have they? Either from a cost point of view, or a green point of view, or a customer satisfaction point of view... How can you be dissatisfied by receiving free goods to enable a service to be provided?

Message 3 of 3

Re: BT - the opposite of green

I'm dissatisfied because

(1) I told them I did not want or need the original Hub - and they did not listen even when I requested them not to send it. They said their system could not cope with such a request.

(2) I now have the bother of sending the old one back.

(3) They sent the new one before even asking me if I wanted digital voice - at no point was I asked if I might prefer a service without a landline. So now I have the bother of sending the new one back too in due course.

(4) All this wasted equipment and transport is pushing up their costs and consequently costs to their customers.

(5) Its bad for the environment.

And despite your remark - the original hub did not "allow them to provide me with a service" - I used my own equipment to get the service. And the new hub provided a service I neither requested, nor wanted.

Clear for you now?