cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 8

Birds on telephone lines

We have a pole at the end of the drive the serves 17 properties on both sides of the road. The issue is with the birds sitting on the wires and mess they cause. 
A few years ago, (long before we moved in) BT put up some cable ties along the wires but over the course of time these have broken and are no deterrent. 
Can anyone suggest a way to contact BT to ask them to come and put more on the lines or offer advice of a deterrent that has been effective. 
Ours and immediate neighbours have to constantly hose the driveway and the car has to be cleaned constantly to remove the bird excrement . By constant I mean every 2/3 days.

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8

Re: Birds on telephone lines

@BeeTee09 

This has nothing to do with BT Retail who operate this forum for BT Retail customers.

You need to raise the matter with Openreach, as they provide and maintain the external network.

https://www.openreach.com/

Thanks

Message 3 of 8

Thank you - I did see on another post that’s what is needed and have already logged an enquiry

Message 4 of 8

Hello Bee Tee09, could you let me know which post you found so that I too might benefit. Thank you

Message 5 of 8

Hi pigiron

I went onto the Openreach site and did a chat.

It did take some time (4 months and a complaint logged, twice!)  but local area manager came out, we purchased a plastic hawk and he put it on the top of the pole. Birds deterred for a few weeks, but as expected, they now ignore it but the mess is now manageable. 

Good Luck

Message 6 of 8

Thank you Bee, Kind regards.

Message 7 of 8

But if the birds are WRENS  then the user may find the number of phone extensions and devices hardwired on their line is limited.

Message 8 of 8

@spilewrote:

But if the birds are WRENS  then the user may find the number of phone extensions and devices hardwired on their line is limited.

Nah, thats weather related, its more common when it reins!!