cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 6

Certified Email - Accept Our New Terms of Service - Genuine or Phishing ?

Hi

On March 1, I received an email with the above title addressed addressed to "Dear Btinternet User"

Mail details are a change to T&Cs and Security policy which I need to accept before March 31 if I want to continue to access my btinternet email account.

I have to click a link to accept the terms.

When I hover the mouse over the link (without clicking), the URL reads https://uz9zoiz9*********.drv.tw/myredirect.com/mybt/donenew.html 

(I've inserted * where there are random numbers / letters)

Is this a genuine request ?

Thx

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Re: Certified Email - Accept Our New Terms of Service - Genuine or Phishing ?

It is a scam. Do not click any links.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 6

Cheers, suspected as much. Scammers seem to be getting a little better recently. One of the first I've had that made me think twice....they usually end up in the trash immediately.
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 6

Just as an aside, most companies who change their T&Cs will contact you to tell you that they're changing but you do not need to do anything if you accept them.  It is only if you do not accept them that you would need to do anything and that is usually to call the company.

In any event you should never click on any links in any email. If you want to check anything with BT you should log onto your MyBT and there should be information there regarding any changes that will/have been made to your account.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 6

Hi @Ian_D I agree that email sounds like a scam. If it's possible can you forward it to phishing@bt.com then delete the email.

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 6

@NeilO 

Hi, thanks, yes did this on March 1 and had the auto reply back confirming receipt.

0 Ratings