cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 9

Complaint online

Why is it that the bt make a complaint online is continually unavailable?

is this a deliberate action by bt to stop or keep complaints from their system due to the current way they are conducting business?is it that bad?

have tried several times to check progress of what should be a re-activated one(so they say) and system continually unavailable.

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9

Re: Complaint online

Hi @Leese7550 
Welcome to the Community and thanks for taking the time to post. I'm sorry that you can't currently raise it online. 
You can find all of the ways to make a complaint here Make a complaint | BT Help
If you need help with anything in particular, please feel free to ask me.

Thanks
Lesley

Message 3 of 9

Thank you for the reply ref different options for complaints.

the problem many people are having seems similar to mine,in that you never get to speak to same person twice,you have to,as I did last week when trying to cancel a direct debit “mistakenly” set up by EE for a cancelled contract,is that you end up being passed along to different departments(in case of cancelling direct debit from EE,was 3 different people and still took an evening and next day).was assured that it’s now void but will not believe it until next months payment date via BT.

I'm now at stage where I do not trust,believe or expect BT/EE to actually do what they say they are/will do.whole process is chaotic with differing opinions on who/what they can do with customer problems.

they seem too focused on sales rather than providing reliable service.my original complaint,raised at the beginning of my “upgrade” due to opinions on what was offered,then actually delivered,was apparently investigated then resolved by bt/ee without advising me of the outcome as I discovered by asking customer services what was discovered.

was told it would be re-opened due to this,and ,still waiting for a reply.i’m disapointingly proving to myself that either bt  is not interested,deliberately ignoring or incapable of dealing with its own systems failures.may  be due to bt/ee integration,poor staff training,or my own best bet,senior management indifference with what used to be called  “ostrich syndrome”(stick your head in the sand till it all blows over).

anyway,seem stuck with a “company” that no longer values good service,value for money and more importantly,being  trustworthy in any form.

my only saving grace is that due to my social circle,I have managed give an incite to several friends as to what to expect from this company.

Message 4 of 9

I'm really sorry to hear that you feel this way, @Leese7550 

If the complaint is open still, it will be investigated and you'll be contacted with an update. Please keep us informed here on what happens.

Chris

Message 5 of 9

Thank you for that,as my apparently resolved then re-opened complaint was over 7 days ago I’m quite confident no one from bt/ee will contact me in any form.will give it till Fri,then might try to contact them again.it does get quite depressing though dealing with this type of indifference it what used to be a company which seemed to be trustworthy,unfortunately,those days have gone.my advice to anyone who will listen is to avoid them at all cost.

am sure everyone has far better things to do rather than deal with the hassle,tine,effort dealing with bt/ee

Message 6 of 9

What is the expected turnaround of a complaint?
Message 7 of 9

Hi,first time was told “as soon as possible”,after initial complaint,phoned to check progress after about week,was told it had been resolved and closed by customer services without contacting me.customer services said they would then re-instate it.according to ee official info can take up to 28days,not great if you have a problem requiring quick answer or resolution.

part of my prob was I had b/band prob with bt,advised to upgrade to full fibre,still had signal issue,phoned back bt,was immediately passed on to ee,told bt had given me wrong package,told would be upgraded at no extra monthly cost.great i thought.

received e-Mail from ee,my new contract price doubled,I  immediately contacted ee again,cancelled that contract,several calls to confirm this was required,was then sent an automatic direct debit to my bank for ee contract,which was supposedly closed,but they tried to set up anyway,this left me with both a bt plus ee bill for same service.that took an hour on phone again,passed through 3 different operators and wasn’t resolved till I got phone call next day.the bt/ee merger is chaos.

apoarently if you contact bt re b/band they try and push you onto an ee one,which is inevitably dearer.

Message 8 of 9

I just sent a complaint to both BT and EE today. I hoped the turnaround would be quicker than that. Everything is so problematic. All I wanted was a straight-forward home move disconnect reconnect for a vulnerable relative in sheltered housing. It’s been dragging on since 6/8. She’s been using her mobile phone for the period to date. She has a mobile bill of over £500 as her contract is over 12 years old and never been updated. It’s normally £15 so a 2000% increase for August and not passed to the fraud team to check. Instead let another huge increase build up for September. If the original landline reconnection had been done there would not have been any mobile phone used. So annoying and no-one cares enough to sort it out
Message 9 of 9

"apoarently if you contact bt re b/band they try and push you onto an ee one,which is inevitably dearer."

I'm afraid that's exactly what they do. BT's telephone agents are trying to maximise the commission they get from migrating BT customers to EE.
They'll often claim that the EE deal they are offering is cheaper than the existing BT contract, but it appears that this is often not true.
It really is becoming serious, though, if you are subjected to this upselling when you are contacting BT solely to report a fault