cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 3

No service for 25 days and no fix date

Hi,

I have an escalated complaint with BT. We first lost service due to an MSO on 26th July, that was fixed on 3rd August. In fixing the MSO an engineer damaged the cable to our house. I spoke to an Open reach engineer on 6th August who explained what had happened and how it needed to be fixed. A network engineer was booked for the following afternoon to relay the cable. A home broadband engineer turned up at 8am the next morning unaware the of the cabling issue, he said he’d go and talk to his manager, he went off and didn’t return. I called BT who assured me an engineer was still booked for the afternoon. No one turned up. A further 2 booked engineers in the 7 days following didn’t turn up either. 

I have an outstanding complaint, this had previously been closed twice without reference to myself and this has now been escalated. I was sent an email on 14th August from the digital resolutions team stating the complaint was due for review on 15th. I received a text message on 15th stating that it was a complex cabling issue and Openreach hadn’t got a fix date but they were due an update by the end of 16th and I would receive a call on 17th. No one called. I have no way of contacting the team that should have called with an update as my complaint and fault has been taken over by them and the teams on 0330 123 4150 cannot see the details. 

Can anyone please advise or help?

Many thanks

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

Re: No service for 25 days and no fix date

The numbers for complaints as far as I can tell were 0800 028 xxxx and 0800 141 xxxx , at least they were the numbers I used and that were used to call me. I obscured the last 4 digits because they came from emails from the team and I dont know if they are extensions.

The number within Our complaints code of practice (bt.com) indeed matches the one you posted....odd why they cant see the details, when ever I called even thought I was passed pillar to post, they could always see the notes. The consumer relations team are the point of escalation I thought so your complaint should be with them...it is somewhere else?

If I were you i'd start up an email conversation via the email address in that document, sure its a little slower but having a running chain of communication in writing is far better than mail. I had a pretty lowsy time on phones calls and in the end email worked far better.

I would add finally though, there isnt much BT can do to speed Openreach up, having a complaint open tends to speed up things BT can do or they can provide goodwill payments and so on....but as far as getting Openreach to work quicker, not really.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
BT900 | Nokia ONT | Ubiquiti ER-X | EETV Box Pro (IP Mode) | Unifi CK2 | 6x Unifi U6+ | 2x Unifi SAK Ultra
Message 3 of 3

Re: No service for 25 days and no fix date

In our village there was a low lying fibre cable that was brought down by a storm.  Several people reported it over an 18 month period and various engineers came out to look and then went away again. They even put a notice on it to say they were aware. In desperation I made yet another report and an engineer came to look. Said he couldn't deal with it and suggested I make contact at a higher level.

A quick Google and found the email for Openreach CEO. Did an explanatory email and hey presto just a few weeks later the fault/complaint was escalated and the repair was sorted.