cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 6 of 6

Re: TEXT SCAM FROM BT??

I can confirm that this is legit. BT_SMS is also used to send out Openreach video on Vimeo to guide customers through the FTTP installation process as Openreach use Vimeo now. 

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6

TEXT SCAM FROM BT??

hi all,newbie here just had 2 txt messages .no number  from BT_SMS  it says ty for placing orderwith us .we wanted to share this guide with you for BTTV.in it you will find some hany hints and tips to get you started 

care.bt.com/welcome_to_bt_tv  [all under lined]  ive clicked on link and it appears to be a welcome guide vid ect but the text has come seperatly from other bt txt messages ,also ive been with bt a good few months after renewing,i know its a scam but how what and why??  any advise or any one had same message?

thanks al

Tags (1)
Message 2 of 6

Have you recently placed an order with BT? 

Message 3 of 6

no no order as i said other and all txt from bt come through 64364 (no spaces) as sender not BT_SMS
Message 4 of 6

Your number may have also been used on another account in error, can't see a scam simply linking to a video guide tbh

Message 5 of 6

phoned bt just now they said delete and ignore the MESSAGE we did not send any message like this so just be aware all thanks for the help cheers