cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 12

Relay cables

Hi I am just want to know my husband is having cable relay cables and the water company dug up all the openreach cables and it's for internet connection he lives in Cambridge Mr Robert Tyler Tyler that is the name how long does it take 

11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12

Re: Relay cables

This is not really my area of expertise but, as nobody more knowledgeable has answered this, I’ll see if I can help.

First of all, you are not talking directly to BT here.  This is a customer-to-customer help forum and the only BT employees are the moderators.  They are very good but a small and busy team so it may be a while before this gets picked up.

In this day and age, these might be altnet cables, (Alternative Network provider).  Assuming they are “BT”, unfortunately they will be nothing to do with this website.  This is BT residential ISP customers.  Infrastructure like cabling is Openreach.  While they are both part of BT Group, Openreach and BT retail are separate companies.  Furthermore, Openreach don’t deal directly with the public but you could try reporting this as damage on their website:

https://www.openreach.com/help-and-support/damage-health-and-safety

If that doesn’t do it, your best bet is to report it to your ISP and they will pass it to Openreach.  In the case of BT that will be phoning customer services on 0330 1234 150.

I’m sure someone will correct me if I’ve got any of that wrong.

Message 3 of 12

Eh?

Don’t know if I’m interpreting what you’re trying to say correctly but it sounds like the Water Company are doing work at your husband’s house, (do you not live with him?) and that the Water Company have damaged the Underground Phone Line to his house. Is that right?

Anyway, if that is what you’re saying have you or your Husband Reported a Fault to his CP, which I assume is BT and or EE?

Message 4 of 12

Hi I don't live with yet and I don't know what is going on really so you saying the water company is working on my husband house he is on BT openreach but my husband said that the water company dug up all the openreach cables and they have get it from the sub station for relay cables 

Message 5 of 12

Hi there I need your help and my husband internet connection has been dug up by a water company dug up all openreach cables and just want to know if it's the water company is doing the work at my husband's house and they have to relay the cables how long does it take he reported it to openreach he is on BT openreach 

Message 6 of 12

Yeah, sorry. Definitely don’t have the patience for this one.

Message 7 of 12

Sorry, the way you explain it doesn't make much sense.

As I said, this website has no relationship to Openreach, nor does BT the ISP, so it is impossible for people here to tell you how long it will take.

Message 8 of 12

How dare you say that it's a joke BT **bleep** I have no patience either 

Message 9 of 12

Do you know what you are a joke BT I am on that but do what you are **bleep** 

Message 10 of 12

sorry but your posts don't make any sense hence very difficult to get any assistance

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.