cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 8

Unable to Quote Messages

Is this the correct place for site issue?

For the last week or so I've been unable to quote messages. Instead, a quote box appears minus the original poster's text but with the cursor inside it. So I'm guessing it would add my reply as a quote? Same thing happening in FF & Chrome so not a browser issue.

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8

Re: Unable to Quote Messages

@rbz5416 wrote:

Is this the correct place for site issue?

For the last week or so I've been unable to quote messages. Instead, a quote box appears minus the original poster's text but with the cursor inside it. So I'm guessing it would add my reply as a quote? Same thing happening in FF & Chrome so not a browser issue.

if you click on the 3 dots on left when you go to reply you will see the quote marks then appear

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Message 3 of 8

I think you've misunderstood. I'm clicking on the quote marks but the poster's post isn't appearing in the quote box.

BT Quote.jpg

Message 4 of 8

@rbz5416 wrote:

I think you've misunderstood. I'm clicking on the quote marks but the poster's post isn't appearing in the quote box.

BT Quote.jpg

that is not the quote marks they are upside down  the quote marks only appear if you click on the 3 dots next to your 'assumed quote marks'
 as you can see it works without a problem if you select the actual quote marks

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Message 5 of 8

You're hitting the wrong quote button.

Click on the three horizontal dots below the word PREVIEW

Reply2quote.jpg

Message 6 of 8

Doh! Thanks guys.

So what does  Blockquote do?

Message 7 of 8

So what does  Blockquote do?

Using "Block Quote" lets you place a section of a message that you have cut and paste into the "Block Quote" box " rather than the main text of your reply.

It "saves" you having to quote the whole message then delete until you only have the part that you actually wanted to refer to.

Seems like a solution to a non problem.

Message 8 of 8

Thanks. 👍