cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 18

Unable to open apps on phone

Hi I hope someone can help. Recently on my partners  samsung phone he can not open bbc apps or aol app. When he uses it outside on mobile data it works It is just a problem at home when using B T wifi. I have tried cleaning cache etc. Switching internet on and off etc. Any suggestions please 

0 Ratings
17 REPLIES 17
Message 2 of 18

Re: Unable to open apps on phone

Check that web protect is switched off in MYBT

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 18

Thanks I will take a look at that 

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 18

Hi I have just tried and switched it off . Unfortunately it didnt make any difference. Thanks for your help
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 18

When you say "can not open", what happens when you try? Do you see an error? Or does the app just immediately quit?
Google released a broken system component a couple of days ago that kills many apps out there (causes them to immediately crash on start).
Go into Play Store and check for updates - install anything shown (and definitely the Webview and/or Chrome updates) and this should fix it.
0 Ratings
Message 6 of 18

Hi Thankyou for your suggestions. The app eg BBC news just goes to open first page then does nothing. I went on play store updates which it says it's on auto update .I updated anyway but still hasn't fixed the issue. I find it strange the apps work when using mobile data. Very confused.Thanks again 

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 18

Hi 

I am still having the same issue ..cant get aol and bbc apps to open on mobile when using Bt  internet.  Just checked and it works fine on Data roaming..

Very confused. Any more suggestions would be appreciated.  Thanks

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 18

What about opening a web browser on his device when you're connected to wifi? Are you able to view the BBC web site in it?
0 Ratings
Message 9 of 18

Hi thanks for your message. I have tried to google bbc sport and aol and it wont open.

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 18

What happens? What error do you see? If you open the internet browser (e.g. Chrome) and try to go to www.bbc.co.uk what happens?
0 Ratings