cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 4

2 Month Installation time

Hello

I have recently taken out a contract with BT for Full Fibre. An engineer came to the property yesterday to install the fibre line to the front door from the cabinet, there were no issues with this and the engineers completed the work.

I checked the order progress on the BT app today however and the installation date (for full completion) is the 24th of May - 2 months from now. I have tried to change to an earlier appointment however the earliest date I can select on the App is the 24th of May.

This will not work as we both work from home. We have tried using 4G connections however the latency/speeds are far too low to work sustainably from. (Teams calls, remote desktop etc)

Should this process be expedited? The BT Website claims it aims to install new lines within 2 weeks, which I think is a perfectly acceptable wait https://www.bt.com/help/broadband/why-is-it-going-to-take-so-long-to-get-my-fibre-to-the-home-work AND (https://www.bt.com/help/broadband/how-long-will-it-take-to-get-bt-broadband-once-i-ve-ordered-). All that is required to do now is to install the fibre from the front door to inside the house and do the initial setup for the router? I do not understand and thinks it is unnacceptable that there should be a 2 month waiting time for this.

I hope someone can help with this
Michael

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Re: 2 Month Installation time

Give the FTTP team a ring. 0800 587 4787

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 4

I have just called to try this like you advise, they have told me to check the app, which I already had done. Still the app (and the website version) dont even let me change the date - as the calendar shown starts at May 24th, and all the options are greyed out anyway.

Is it really so bad that BT cannot send an engineer out for 2 MONTHS? They must get more engineers for this area if that is the case. When I ordered the broadband as explained they sent out an engineer in 2 days to do the inital work (line to the house, completed successfully) I find it very hard to believe they could send one at such short notice - then not have the capacity to send another for 2 months.
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 4

@Orkneywrote:
Is it really so bad that BT cannot send an engineer out for 2 MONTHS? They must get more engineers for this area if that is the case. When I ordered the broadband as explained they sent out an engineer in 2 days to do the inital work (line to the house, completed successfully) I find it very hard to believe they could send one at such short notice - then not have the capacity to send another for 2 months.

It's Openreach who own and maintain the network, they employee the engineers and work for over 600 commincation providers, BT being one of them.
Different skill sets for stage 1 and stage 2 work, sometimes contractors and other times direct employed which is why one part of the order can be faster than another.

0 Ratings