cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 11

2025 Price Rises

It seems that the mooted new model of fixed price increases announced in January has been confirmed:

https://newsroom.bt.com/calling-out-a-new-pricing-structure-in-pounds-and-pence/

So £1.50 on a mobile contract, £2 on TV & £3 on broadband.

The thing that immediately strikes me is the the poorer the service you have, the more you will pay as a percentage of your bill. So taking today's new customer prices, someone on a 900Mb service will pay an extra 5%. Whereas someone on the lowest speed, likely because that's all they can get or can afford, will pay nearly 9%.

0 Ratings
10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11

Re: 2025 Price Rises

It's a bit of incentivising upgrading - Get a more expensive plan but your price increase is still £3.

However it still penalises those on cheaper plans % wise especially if they can't upgrade.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 11

Yes. So cheaper the deal the more in percentage terms is the increase. The answer is for Ofcom to ban mid-contract rises and for broadband companies to re-introduce 12-month deals. 

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 11

Someone renewing @ £25.99 per month ( Feasible being as someone posted on a forum the other week had been offered Fibre 1 renewal for under £25 per month) would face increase of 11.5%

Re later comment, BT as well as others do offer 12 month contracts

https://www.bt.com/broadband/twelve-month-deals

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 11

If I were you I'd worry more about those figures being per month.  That is £36 a year more for broadband, £24 for TV and £18 for mobile.  Is it just me or is that outrageous?

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 11

My current mobile contract is 7.03 per month for 1gb data, in 2025 it will increase by 1.50 that is a 21% rise, lycamobile that uses the same ee network is 4.00 per month with 5gb data and no price increases until 2026.

BT has competition it is a no-brainer for me, not in contract, so it's time to go.

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 11

If when you renewed last time your contract stated CPI + 3.9% then for the duration of that contract's agreement that's the rise you should experience.

I don't believe that BT have the right to varying the price rises stated in your contract.

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 11

That was the March 2024 price rising structure, it all changes from March 2025, price increases will be 1.50 on mobile, 2.00 on TV, and 3.00 on broadband.

I'm fortunately not in contract so free to leave.

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 11

@steveduggan1 

Yet someone one an unlimited EE plan pays less than 5% extra. Chuck in a handset & the percentage plunges further.

Seems to me that with every new cunning plan that BT come up with, it's given zero thought as to its impact it will actually have.

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 11

@steveduggan1 

But that CPI + 3.9% increase is in my contract until it expires in 2026 so be interesting to see my next March increase.

0 Ratings