cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 5

Move home form not working, need to call, but call times stated 1h+ over last few days. Normal?

Hello all, I'm moving home soon and have tried to use the BT move home webform to start the process, but after logging in, my account number is listed, I enter the postcode for the new property and the move date (2 weeks time) it tells me "We're sorry, but to make sure your move goes as smoothly as possible, you'll need to talk to our home move team. We're ready to help on 0800 783 0235".

That's fine, but every time I have tried at different times of the day, over the last few days, wait times are stated at 1h+.

So thought I'd ask here - is that kind of wait time normal? Or is it that the webform is having issues causing the wait times?

If normal then I guess as a new build (address is on the database), then having to call is usual procedure.

The house I'm moving to has the same FTTP that I have in my current house, it is a new build, but Openreach have already installed everything including the box on the wall plugged into mains power inside the house (again same as what I have in the current house - the ONT/Openreach Modem).

I've checked the https://www.broadbandchecker.btwholesale.com/#/ADSL website which has it listed at the address as WBC FTTP, up to 1000 (downstream), available etc etc.

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Re: Move home form not working, need to call, but call times stated 1h+ over last few days. Normal?

What lights were showing on the ONT?

There may be an issue where Openreach have not completed the whole network yet.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 5

Re: Move home form not working, need to call, but call times stated 1h+ over last few days. Normal?

Both power and PON are lit up. Both solid light and green (or certainly a greeny/yellow).

The modem was installed pre January this year, as it was already there and live when we started the buying process. And it's the last house on a relatively small private development (8th of 8 houses, all the rest are occupied with the same setup).

But as I only get as far putting the postcode in (which is the same for all 8 houses), before it tells me to call, I guess it must be flagged for some reason in their system (assuming there is definitely no issue with their webform at the moment anyway).

No issue with the need to call, but it's the call wait times that are a little, let's say, demoralising, when you hear that at the start of the call!! So wondered if it's normal or whether there's a "good" time of day to call.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 5

Call handling times can be long, for those groups that do not have a live chat option.

I cannot see why there should be an issue, it could just be that they cannot "see" the property on their system, if its new, so they need to speak with you.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 5

This page implies that you can call them on the normal number, unless that is the one you are using.

https://www.bt.com/help/contact-bt/moving-home/keep-existing-services

0 Ratings