cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 21

Re: 2nd line and Split account query

sorry i must have changed something regarding the view and I agree it was weird - reads better this way.

0 Ratings
Message 12 of 21

@Queensferry10wrote:

However, another party supports my relative at their property and were repeatedly being told that the internet is connected with them - something separate from the previous tenant which is really confusing me.

This statement needs some clarification.

Who is this other party, & how have they got involved? When you say "supports my relative" it sounds like an individual or care company. However "internet is connected with them" implies an ISP.

0 Ratings
Message 13 of 21

@Queensferry10 wrote:
no isn't a transfer

trying to setup his own account on the line

I think you misunderstood  if relative already has broadband in current home then is that being cancelled and not transferred to new home?  termination fees? why not transfer contract to new home?

@iniltous 

yes this upside down compared to normal posts

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 14 of 21

@imjolly 

The OP says "Moved into a new property", so presumably the past tense means the move has already taken place?

Although the question of what happened to any broadband service at the previous property is valid.

Do you guys have any control over the thread view, as it's hard work being in reverse. Seen it happen a few times now & even if the OP has selected something odd, that shouldn't affect the rest of us.

0 Ratings
Message 15 of 21

ok I tried changing the view - think thats it sorted.

yes a care company supports my relative and also supported the previous tennant. It's complicated because they say the internet is theirs. But the BT account was in the name of the pevious tennant. Theres been a delay in changing the accout over which we're trying to sort.

My relative moved in the other month. Their previous phone & broadband with a diufferent provider is fully cancelled.

They have moved into the new proprty woith the line and internet active. But now the phone is shutting off and so were trying to setup our own account. The internet that is aprently "seperate" and the consequences for us taking the line over im trying to understand
0 Ratings
Message 16 of 21

* My relatives previous phone/broadband at their previous address has been fully cancelled.
0 Ratings
Message 17 of 21

order still wrong - not fixed

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 18 of 21

sorry i thought i fixed the view,

I can for myself - but if not logged in it reverts to the reverse layout.
0 Ratings
Message 19 of 21

I can't think of any way that a third party could order broadband on a line that isn't theirs. If the previous tenant was paying for then only they could order a service. Unless they had power of attorney in which case they would still be acting on behalf of the tenant.

Just to be clear, is the existing phone service that's been cut off with BT?

Is your relative being billed by the care company for internet access?

Is this 10Mb connection coming from a router plugged into the master socket, or possibly from WiFi only? If the former what exactly is the router? ISPs normally brand their routers, so that should give a clue if it's something other than BT.

I beginning to think that you need to formally write/email the care company asking for a full explanation of what their involvement is with internet provision & how that came about.

Message 20 of 21

I believe that the previous tenant was fully supported by the third party - probably how you suggest.

Yes - the phone at the new property has stopped working and with BT - theres a dial tone but calls out and in wont connect. The internet still works though which is a puzzle. BT stated there was a payment issue which is why the voice has stopped.

To be clear - The line / internet isn't connected to my relative in any way as of yet. The service at the address they have moved has overlapped their move in date.

I have very limited info on the parameters of the existing setup ( data protection):

- The account name of the BT line was in the name of the previous tenant
- I know the voice has stopped due to payment but the internet is still active
- I'm being told the internet is seperate ( not the previous tenants )
- I only see one socket in the house ( bulky box on skirting) has 2 ports. A router is pluged into the data port which gives the internet. It's a general brand router.

Alot has happened in the last few weeks but I absolutely agree this is urgently needed to be addressed.

I'm stuck as the previous tenants account is not ours to cancel or get information from.

I suspect theres only one line at the propery providing the voice and data. Either both services are connected to the previous tenant and theres a misundrstanding going on. Or as stated on a previous post the whole setup is dated and theres 2 accounts on the one copper line - a voice account paid for by the previous tenant and a data account paid for by the care company.

A previous post states when we take the line over, any 2nd data account will be terminated.
0 Ratings