cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 5

£400 for 100MB down/up Dedicated Line? LOL

Hey guys.

So BT called to let me know that my only other option is to pay £400 per month for a 100mbps down and up dedicated line for myself only since I am currently stuck at 60mbps down and 20 up and it's terrible for streaming / gaming live on Twitch which is what I mostly use it for...

So it looks like I have to keep waiting until full fibre comes along or just move to a different flat which Im tempted to crazy money..lol

Kind regards

Colin,

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Re: £400 for 100MB down/up Dedicated Line? LOL

A Symmetrical Line of 100Mbps would be a Leased Line, aka Private Ethernet Circuit, which is basically a Point to Point Fibre. That’s why they’re so expensive.

They’re bespoke Business Products, they don’t normally sell the to Consumer Customers.

Message 3 of 5

They'll be working on the basis that you're using your live streams to generate revenue and are therefore using it for non domestic/business use and recommended a dedicated leased line. This will give you an uncontested line and as a result lower pings and better upload speeds.

Get yaself a few more followers/subscribers and £400 a month shouldn't be out of reach... My sister in law earns that from cat videos on TikTok 🤣

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 5

seriously? she earns that amount on tik tok cat videos? lol I havent even got my first twitch payout..nearly there though.

Colin,

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 5

Yup... It surprised me as well 😂

0 Ratings