cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 13

Account being billed for service cancelled on 06 Nov '23.

Hi,

Had an out of contract landline and broadband service that I cancelled on the 06 Nov, after an upsetting bill.

Was told I would have a final bill on the 6th December. I have paid, in November, what is owed up to the 6th of December.

Received confirmation emails, bags to send stuff for recycling and services did cancel on the 6th of December.

Landline number has changed to 01435 ****** and is not accepting incoming calls.

What should I be doing now?

Account number GB********

Thanks

0 Ratings
12 REPLIES 12
Message 2 of 13

Re: Account being billed for service cancelled on 06 Nov '23.

please delete phone and account number as this is public forum

try contacting billing

https://www.bt.com/help/contact-bt/account-and-billing/broadband

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 13

Yeah, I'm not paying with my time and money to rectify an issue that is clearly systemic.

I'm out.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 13

If you cancelled your broadband service, then the phone service would also have been cancelled.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 13

What exactly is the problem, if you were simply quitting BT on the Openreach network, to either  not have broadband at all or getting broadband from an ISP using a different network, then 30 days notice is required, if that takes you to the 6 December, then it’s entirely possible that the bill for the entire month of December was already being processed, so you get a bill for some days after the 6th , that are then refunded…you may not like that you pay for days after the 6th December, and then get a refund but it’s the way it can work out ( depending on the billing run dates ) .

If you decide to not pay, or not pay the full amount, it could result in a default being applied to your credit file , if you used to pay by direct debit and then cancel the DD , then obviously the refund will be affected to.

Message 6 of 13

@Distinguished sage Kieth

If you aren't going to read the post properly don't bother replying at all.

The phone number has changed verified by dialing 17070.

To confirm it wasn't a crossed line i tried to call the number an the call was rejected.

Whatever is happening is intentional and I have no time or patience for.

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 13

@ iniltous

The bill date was the 6th Nov, 6th December being the last bill date. My services broadband and phone stopped working on the 6th Dec. No final bill received. They are still billing an account with no active services.

I have all the emails confirming the situation i was in. I received more than 1 bag to return my kit, which in itself is a window into how the company is run.

They are simply trying to steal money from me. There are individuals behind this behaviour.

Given the systems inplace, it has to be decided at a higher level.

Considering your first words 'What exactly is the problem..' speaks volumes.

You're deliberately adding convolution, so I'd question your motives.

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 13

@Captain_Tactful 

You have a "stopped" line, which is why it cannot be used. This is normal practice when a service is ceased. It enables Openreach to identify it as a working pair, so it can be re-allocated to a new customer, although in practice, this is not going to happen as no new PSTN connections are allowed.

The number will become disconnected either if the cable pair is needed, or the exchange equipment gets disconnected.

As for the billing issue, you would need to raise this with BT.

This is just a customer to customer help forum, everyone here, including myself, are just customers.

The only BT Employees are the forum moderators.

Try calling 0330 1234 150

Message 9 of 13

As I suspected, my experience has been completely planned.

I've now received an email telling me my 20 year old email is going to be stopped.

Thieves.

Using the the excuse 'the only BT employees are the moderators', serves no-one but the bloated slack company.

If you work for BT you should be ashamed.

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 13

Most ISP’s that provide an email address as part of the broadband service , if the customer stops being a customer, all the benefits of being with that company , including the email are removed, so what’s the problem with that  ? ,why would you expect to continue with something that you no longer pay for ?

As it turns out you have probably still got a basic email access , just not via email clients .

0 Ratings