cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 10

Activation let down

Premium service my **bleep**

BT pretend to be offering the premium service that they boast but it's the worst service in the world.

They think nothing of your convenience.. you are an annoyance to their lazy careless attitude to customer service.

Trash is the extreme is what it is.

Avoid!

0 Ratings
9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10

Re: Activation let down

Are you just here to sound off or are you wanting to see if you can be offered some help.

It is that later you will need to explain without going off on one exactly what the problem is, what broadband package you have and what if anything has happened when you reported the problem to BT. 

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 10

Thanks for the reply

There really doesn't seem to be much point. Not that I don't appreciate your unpaid input, there's not much Joe public can do against these behemoths above criticism is there.

I've just swapped from Plusnet full fibre to an identical service with identical promised line speed from BT.

Little did I realise that an activation date means nothing to BT and they'll happily cut you off for an indefinite period.

Already for me this has meant my house, which is fully smart, has had limited heating, security, lighting and entertainment.
This is an essential service for me.

I've never known this before from any other company.

First thing on Monday I'm calling to cancel this joke and will go back to Plusnet.

Stuff BT and all who sail in her

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 10

"Already for me this has meant my house, which is fully smart, has had limited heating, security, lighting and entertainment.
This is an essential service for me."
Sorry if this sounds a bit critical, but I can't help thinking that it is unwise to tie so many essential house services (particularly heating) to the broadband service which can, inevitably, go down occasionally.
If my broadband goes down it is certainly annoying, but all I lose is internet connectivity and I can still maintain at least some of that via our cellphones.
I still have full heating under full thermostatic and timer controls, lighting via old fashioned wall switches, and entertainment via both an old fashioned aerial and a satellite disc.
Message 5 of 10

It works but it costs me money being on the thermostat only.. far more efficient being responsive to external sensors.

BT just have no concept. To them you're just dumb clients.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 10

When you moved to BT did you use the set  OFCOM method of just placing an order with BT and you did not contact Plusnet to tell them you are leaving?

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 7 of 10

@markfsimpson 

"First thing on Monday I'm calling to cancel this joke and will go back to Plusnet.

Stuff BT and all who sail in her"

Are you aware that BT Broadband and Plusnet are both part of "BT Group" ?

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 10

Yes I'm aware. Have been for what.. 20 years now?

They might as well be separate companies their work ethics are polar opposite.

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 10

I contacted Plusnet on the same day to cancel the service with them 

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 10

@markfsimpson 

"I contacted Plusnet on the same day to cancel the service with them "

That is probably where you went wrong.

When moving from one Openreach based supplier to another, informing the "losing" company rarely leads to a smooth changeover. Always deal only with the new supplier.

Plusnet probably put a "cease" on your service, meaning that BT don't have a line to take over?