cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 4

After contract ended signed up to Halo3 - Do I need the new hub?

Didn't realise my contract had ended so set up a new Halo3 contract today - to 54Mb

Should I have been offered or got the Hub 2 with the order?

Currently using a Synology RT2600ac router as the original home hub (on Halo1) had poor wi-fi range and seemed limited in setup etc. Hence I bought into Synology. I also like the security that the Synology offers (also have a Synology Disk Station so it links seamlessly with that).

So -Question is - Am I missing out on anything not having the Hub 2 or do I just stick with the Synology.

Cheers.

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Re: After contract ended signed up to Halo3 - Do I need the new hub?

As you appear to be on FTTC when you re-contracted were you offered to change your telephone to Digital Voice? If yes you will need the SH2 for Digital Voice.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 4

Thanks for the reply.

No I pretty much just said to give me what I already had with the older halo 1. Didn't have much time to do any research. But if its just digital phone I'll miss out on  then not so bad I guess. Just saw the hubs selling for £200 at BT so didn't really want to spend that at this time if I didn't need to.  Cheers 

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 4

If you needed a SH2, like being moved to Digital Voice, BT would provide it free.