cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 5

Anyone able to get out of contract offers for sport packages?

My BT contract is now up, and thought I'd phone Retentions to see what they could offer. Just a couple pound off the broadband. I've the Big Sport package, and thought there could be a deal made... but it is an immovable object, same fixed price as advertised and no budging. Anyone else find that, or did they get some kind of deal on their sport package?

Not sure if I should wait for Black Friday, or phone up to try another representative. Another part of me is thinking about getting NOWTV deals for my Sky Sports, and try to strike some deal for BT Sport.

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Re: Anyone able to get out of contract offers for sport packages?

The flexible packages are priced as they are for everyone so there's no movement on them, likely because big sport is discounted already from the full prices for the passes individually plus the fact it includes eurosport as well

Message 3 of 5

Ah right, least I know. Thought the representative was playing hard ball, but sounds like the immovable object really is immovable.
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 5

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 5

Not entirely. The answer back 2 years ago:

They can't with brand new customers, the new customer deals are fixed, they have wiggle room on retentions for existing customers, my previous reply explains why there's no retention offers for new BTTV packages.

Unfortunately I didn't get that "wiggle room" now that was talked about back then. I was just making sure that is the case, by creating this thread. So not a duplicate question 🙂

0 Ratings