cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 33

Re: At my wits end! Two months without broadband! Super incompetence.

Well I am a private customer in a private house with a private line and that is what I am trying to get broadband for. I have tried to enter my landline in the link at it says not recognised. Even though it has been here for 50 plus years. I was to get the simplest, most basic broadband package that there is as I live in a location with only this package available. ( the nearest houses here all have by broadband no problem) 

0 Ratings
Message 12 of 33

FC9467A8-C482-4203-A0B4-99FCF390F996.png

0 Ratings
Message 13 of 33

That is why I asked you to use your address in the dslchecker and not your phone number.  Is your phone line active with dial tone and make calls?

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 14 of 33

My landline was cut off when I made the order on the 15th December. So yes I have the buzzing connection noise but can't make or receive calls. 

0 Ratings
Message 15 of 33

As you can see I have enters my address  and all is available. As my near neighbours can confirm. 

0 Ratings
Message 16 of 33

You must understand I am in a remote location ( that is perfectly eligible for broadband) and am stuck to a window in the highest room of the house with 3G coverage and a data connection that is rapidly being used up in order to try and sort this out.....

0 Ratings
Message 17 of 33

I thought this was a forum to help people! 

0 Ratings
Message 18 of 33

Re: Complete dissatisfaction with BT! Disgusted

Hopefully people here can help but this whole thread is a mess. You say the start date for the connection is tomorrow (28th February) let's see what happens.

First the grammar police: it should be At my wits' end!

Sorry about that but you used it so much it gave me a headache.

Have you tried to place an order with someone OTHER than BT? Have you tried  to order a NEW line with broadband with someone OTHER than BT? If your connection doesn't go live tomorrow that's something I'd consider. You have cancellation rights too. I'd rather have 2 lines for a short period than none at all.

Are you using a 3G or 4G router or a hotspot from a mobile? Have you tried buying a monthly 3G/4G plan which comes with a router? I use something like this as a backup and can cancel anytime.

It looks like you've had a total nightmare so be clear (I struggled through your posts) about the problems and I'm sure someone will be along to help.

The BBC will only be able to help with setting up your direct debit for the TV licence so concentrate your time and effort here. 

Have you made a complaint to BT directly? https://www.bt.com/help/contact-bt/complaints 

Please be patient help will come.

0 Ratings
Message 19 of 33

@Kirkholm wrote:

I thought this was a forum to help people! 

Only BT can do that, all you will get here are suggestions from other customers.

0 Ratings
Message 20 of 33

Re: Complete dissatisfaction with BT! Disgusted

Thank you for getting back to me. I do realise  that grammatical error, I am a retired English teacher but frankly so angry that all sense of grammar left me! and I am currently squashed in a window trying to type on a very small mobile using 3G.....not conducive to good grammar. Anyway, yes I have the text message from BT saying all will start tomorrow, as I now have had 5 times..... so please understand my skepticism. 
I live  in a remote are in Scotland and BT are my only option. My nearest neighbours have no problem. 
why my landline was cut you tell me? It seems that as it was a new contract with a new phone line and number coming with the broadband, the phone line would start with the internet. No internet no landline. I do hope someone here can help, I believe the moderators actually work for BT. 

0 Ratings