cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 4

BT Broadband account under old house name, needs updating (ORDI?)

Go to solution

Hi,

Our house had a name change 12 years ago, about 8 years ago when I signed up to BT broadband they still had the old house name listed. I notified them at the time but rather than updating the existing address entry they added a new one so the address checker now has both the new house name and the old house name as separate entries.

My BT broadband is still registered with/assigned to the old house name entry, everything worked fine so I didn't want to go through the hassle of trying to get it sorted.

This week however FTTP got activated in my street, when I tried to upgrade BT support told me it's not available for my registered address (i.e. the old house name that doesn't exist), but it is for my actual address, but they can't upgrade me because the contract is assigned to the old house name entry.

Has anyone had this issue and got it sorted (ORDI request)? If so how long did it take to sort? I saw some people had success posting here and a moderator replying so I'm trying that! Thanks in advance.

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Re: BT Broadband account under old house name, needs updating (ORDI?)

Go to solution

Hi @LindaS welcome back to the community and thanks for posting. I'm sorry to see there's an issue with your address records. I'll send you a private message in a moment so you can get in touch with the moderation team and we'll be happy to help.

Thanks

Neil

Message 3 of 4

Go to solution

Hi @LindaS

Thank you for taking the time to chat with me this afternoon.

I am sorry for the mix up with your address.  As confirmed, the address is updated now to what it should be and I am really pleased you've been able to place your order for Full Fibre 😁

I'll go ahead and close this off from here but if you need help in future, feel free to come back on to the community.

All the best,

Robbie

Message 4 of 4

Go to solution

Thanks @RobbieMac, really appreciate you getting that all sorted so quickly.