cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 4

BT FTTC up for renewal soon

Our BT FTTC contract is up in 6 weeks. Have been offered 2 deals but would like to know how easy would it now be to get account changed from dads name to mine. As hes now in his late 80s and dont always keep well and has been in and out of hospital a few times in the last year. Also its now me that pays for 80% of the household bills.

When I asked this over 6 months ago was told best to wait till near the end of contract. Then ask again to start as a new BT customer and ask to close dads. Is this still the case and would there be a lose of service for a short time. As need wifi for ring doorbell and got two TP-Link wifi cameras in the house  so me and my sister can check on dad when he's in house on his own.

Also FTTP is due to be turned on in my area come March. If I take out a new FTTC in a few weeks time could I then move to FTTP and change my contract.

Have also been looking at deals and prices elsewhere to see the difference in prices.

Also not bothered about lose of our current phone number as we now very rarely use the landline to make calls and I have my mobile foe emergencies or if I need to call my sister or anyone else.

Alao got my Amazon Echos set up for my sister as an emergency contact. If anything had to happen to dad or me.

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Re: BT FTTC up for renewal soon

Hi @ney, thanks for posting and starting as new customer in your name would be the best option. If you have a Power of Attorney this may be another option to consider. 

If you take out FTTC and FTTP becomes available later you can always upgrade your package and get moved to FTTP. This may not be possible if you wish to keep the same broadband package and only change from FTTC to FTTP. 

If you have any further query let us know.

Cheers

John

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 4

Thanks for your replay.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 4

Where are you from if you don't mind me asking? I was told March as well from YouFibre not sure if Openreach are the same time frame and I'm from Wishaw.

Kind regards

Colin,

0 Ratings