cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 4

BT Fiber Activation

Hi everyone I ordered BT Fiber 25th August flat I am renting/moving to on the 17th (Mum owns it)

Router delivery date 8th sept (will come Saturday due to RM strikes) 

Activation date 9th sept. 

I got this message today 

Hello, BT here. We're sorry but we've had to move your activation date because of essential engineering work. We'll be back in touch with an update as soon as possible.

While you wait to be connected you can access free wi-fi by using our BT Hotspot app. For more info visit: bt.com/app

Has anyone got this message when waiting for BT to be activated?? 

is the delay normally about a few days to a week or can it be allot longer.

i won’t be happy if on the 17th I have no internet 🤬🤬🤬🤬

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Re: BT Fiber Activation

Impossible to say. The cause, and therefore the length, of the delay will be unique to you. There is no 'normal' delay.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 4

Thank you,

hopefully not too long of a delay as want internet ASAP from the 17th.

Sounds like BT have found an issue as the last tenants had internet but when tried to order BT it said there was already an active line do you want us to take over that line and transfer it to BT I said clicked yes. 

so looks like the old tenants had internet provider and would of had to give a few weeks/month notice once that’s up the BT can activate me so that why there is maintenance etc 

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 4

Update I rung BT today around lunch time. spoke to a lovely lady from Doncaster who was very helpful. 

She put me on hold and spoke to BT open reach who told her then she told me that... 

when they went to check the FTTP/VDSL Fiber Box/Cabinet (Green) Monday or Tuesday they found an issue with the cables going to the cabinet etc from my flat and needed to do Urgent Essential Engineering works  and should of messaged me Wednesday with and a new activation date and when the works will be finished. 

As that not happened & was stuck on stage 2 she raised/pushed it to stage 3 and I Should hear from BT Open Reach By Monday Tuesday latest with new Activation date & broadband should be activated by next weekend.

if heard nothing by Friday to ring back to get things sorted 

hopefully only a few days delay 

0 Ratings